Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smile: Just purchased a brand new '04 Blue 600RR couple of weeks ago. Having outgrown my passion from the import car scene, I turned back to dreaming of owning a bike one day. Now it's a reality, I look forward to learning from all of you.

Drive smart! :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too grew weary of the Import car scene... too many jackasses rollin up on me at lights with their Pep Boys Accessories cluttering the exterior of their '85 Celicas...

Bikes are faster anyways...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Gratz on the bike man. I too just got a 2004 blue RR this year (upgraded from a 2000 f4). I absolutely love the bike as I am sure you will also!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
break in

Thanks for the info BackStreet. Ya the dealer told me to keep it under 6k for the 1st 600 miles. I only have 27 miles on it so do you think it's too late for that break in technique since he said to do it the 1st 20 miles. I'm planning on changing the oil and following that plan. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Opinions on break-in techniques are everywhere. Everyone has a opinion or theory that's "the best". Don't worry about that website, read your manual and go from there. Welcome to the website, enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't know if I agree with that breakin technique but I'm not technical enough to know if it's right. Personally I obey the breakin suggestions from the dealerships on cars, boats, bikes, whatever, but I do give it some minor push every once in a while. On the RR I haven't been opening the throttle wide-open, and I've kept it down around 6k RPMs but I do get on the gas a bit and accelerate a bit hard.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
RRandawg said:
:smile: Just purchased a brand new '04 Blue 600RR couple of weeks ago. Having outgrown my passion from the import car scene, I turned back to dreaming of owning a bike one day. Now it's a reality, I look forward to learning from all of you.

Drive smart! :thumbup:
Sounds just like me, we even got the same color bike!

Good man! :smile:

Jason

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
SDCBR600RR said:
Hey San Diego Riders, we should have an RR meet and ride for reals!
thats how we met errbody... here's the usual SD crew who rides together

Me,
mabbottusmc
monks01
03 double r
davecbr600rr
Travis

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SDCBR600RR, looking forward 2 meeting up w/ all of u 1 day. i'm sure i'll be learning alot from u guys since i'm considered a :Newbie: . so take it EZ on me k. i got a really busy work and class schedule lined up for the next couple of weeks so most likely it would be late june/ early july. thanks for the introduction. RRide Safe 619ers!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts