Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a carbon slip on for my bike, and it has this baffle/tip or whatever it's called. Anyone know if it can be removed (asside from cutting)

I would prefer to have just one big hole, rather than those two holes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just had to remove mine but i have the stainless with the other style tip. They had an allen set screw with a spot weld on the head of the screw. The sound difference was night and day. not sure how you would remove that one

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
thats wierd you sure thats not for a 1000?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
If someone on here is pulling that baffle out and doesn't want it I may want to buy it. Hell, I repacked my '03 yosh pipe in hopes of making it a bit quieter.....maybe that baffle would help more. Anyone got any pictures of it removed?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would remove it, but I don't know how...does the CF shell come off then maybe there is a set screw? Or is it just kindof wedged in there?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the same exhaust and that piece IS there on mine. Haven't installed it yet, it was a Christmas gift and bike is in storage. But I got restless over the weekend and took off the stock exhaust............now I'm waiting for my gasket to come in the mail, but I'm wondering if I can remove that baffle also. Bike is 06 btw.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually cut it out today, and installed it. Looks and sounds great!!! I just cut the set screw that holds it in, and it worked fine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Race baffle....

I think Yoshi is calling the muffler without the dual baffle their " race slip on " as mine is new and called a RSO and doesn't have them.... It makes my right ear drum vibrate at 7000 RPMs, ear plugs are a must for me....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There was a pretty big difference in sounds with it in or not. I'm sure if I wanted, I could put the baffle back in, but I prefer more noise....the guy who sold it to me packed it in packing peanuts, that was funny to see those come flying out when I started it up...I even blew the pipe out with compressed air before I put it on, but that wasn't enough to get it all out.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
So, anyone that pulled theirs out and doesn't want it want to hook me up? Guess I'm just old but I'd like to quiet my bike down a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts