Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took the left lower fairing off. And then I want to put it back on. I could not get one the bolts back on. It's the top one which uses a rubber nut on a metal braket. The rubber nut was torn into 2 parts. So I went to the dealer but they said they don't have it and need to order it for me. Not only the rubber nut but the whole braket because Honda only sell the braket with that rubber nut, and it takes 2 weeks. I just bought the bike last week. Do you guys know is there any other way that I can get this rubber net?

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Yeah those things are gay..I unno man. I bet people have em laying around on here

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
just FYI
the one that are used for the windscreen will fit perfect for the lowers

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Part # 90111-kw3-003 from Ron Ayers. The piece is called a well nut, and you don't have to order the bracket to get it. Same thing happened to me, and I ordered a couple extra for next time. Like Moe said you can rob one from your windscreen until the new one arrives in the mail.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
i switched the windscreen plastic crappy screws to metal ones which came with their own wellnuts & when i took all the old ones off , kept 2 of them for my bike and gave the rest away if you decide to get an after market windscreen that would be the best thing to do

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
you can use the other wellnuts on the bike. its all the same on the fairings. theres 4 on the backend of the lowers (2 on each side of the left and rt lowers) that u can use for now. if you take one off, itll still be secure back there. i had that happen to me 2 weeks ago and i used the wellnut from the aft rt lower for the meantime til they came in from the stealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts