Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a new AGV XR-2 helmet, the thing looks terrific, but at any speed over 25mph, it'll start whistling and leaking tons of air through the face shield...even though the lens makes contact with the rubber seal.

I inspected the rubber and found it to be shriveled up and very hard, not rubbery and soft like seals should be. So it's not deflecting at all to seal when the lens is closed on it.

This is a long-shot, but would anyone know where I can buy either an AGV replacement seal, or a rubber seal from any other brand of helmet that I can fit on my helmet? The AGV distributor hasn't been able to source one...

Thanks.

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Have you tried to contact AGV directly? Not the distributor, but the actual company headquarters.

·
Registered
380 Posts
And if you recently bought it i would be going back to where you got it and see if they can take care of you anyway...If they like your business they will make right...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And if you recently bought it i would be going back to where you got it and see if they can take care of you anyway...If they like your business they will make right...
I bought it online, so I can't actually show it to the seller. I did contact them, we'll see if they're willing to go the extra mile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts