Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my install of my tires last summer. Under hard braking I can feel a shudder in the handlebars. It sounds exactly like a bad wheel bearing on a car. When they installed my new tires, is it possible that if you over torque the front axle, if it can destroy and/or put to much pressure on the front bearings? I'm going to go get new tires installed next week at the Honda Dealership. Should I have them replace the bearings anyway? BTW it's an 09 with 10k miles on it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been happening since the tires were replaced. It has gotten worse. Front pads still have 1.5 mm on them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
1st: check your rotors and pads to check for galling or little beads of metal. I had a problem just recently when I changed a cracked but smooth/good rotor. Had a brand new rotor and pad and felt the same thing. Shutter and rubbing sound. Changed the rotor and pad and works like a dream now. May have happened when they removed the rotors and or brake system.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You would have to really torque down the axle bar to cause that much damage. They should have known if that happened and if they are reputable and should have used a torque wrench which wouldnt allow that to happen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and replaced the front pads with OEM Honda pads. After about ten stops. I haven't been able to get it to happen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts