Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday after my incident riding with the "squids" and my 3 hour ride alone, I headed to my parents place outside of town. At the edge of town our speed limit changes from 30 to 55mph, well, there was a lady in a van driving 25mph in front of me so i decided to pass her and by the time i passed her I would be out of the 30mph zone. I was too concerned making sure there was no oncoming traffic that i didn't see the cop driving directly behind me.. :retard: So, i get outta town about a mile and he lights me up. 12th time i've been pulled over. First time on a bike..he let me off with a warning (good thing he didn't have a radar gun on me cuz i know i wasnt doing 55 after i passed the van). Anyone else have any run-ins with the police they'd like to share??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude always look behind you...glad you only got a warning.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah, Idk why I didn't look, because always check my shoulder before merging or anything. :tard: But i'm glad it was just a warning, especially since i know the guy who stopped me, and he's usually a d*ck about everything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yea I had an incident years back coming off an exit going around all the backed up traffic to find a cop near the front. Catches up to me at a stop light signals me to pull aside(first month on the bike t-shirt only) Tells me putting others in danger and recklessly flying up peoples blindside and to put a jacket on! Smarter than me at the time ! He actually goes to the same gym as me so I think that helped lighten the situation And he went on his way..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
215 Posts
riding 3 years and never been pulled.
I always use the mirrors and slow down around clean cars which are less than 3 years old, especially in the winter as they are the type of cars which are used un-marked over here.

I have a few cop experiences though. Bearing in mind that 100mph in a 70mph speed limit over here is an automatic ban, my first run in with a cop was at 100mph... I had been doing between 95-110 all the way from Wales to Devon (about 120 miles down the motorway), passing Aston martins, porches, and pretty much everything else. Obviously I was being sensible about it, keeping good distance etc. And about 20 miles from home a cop lights up behind me. At this point I think I have lost my licence. I pull right over from lane 3 into the hard shoulder, but he just shoots past at about 120 and buggers off into the distance

Then 10 miles later I get caught in a speed trap (guy with a laser on the bridge and a cop at the next exit) at 85mph. Luckly the cop which should have been at the next exit had obviously gone and stopped someone else and was driving back the opposite way, towards me so he could park up and wait for his next victim, so I gave him a polite wave as I passed him

I have also done 85 behind a marked biker cop in the rain for about 2 miles in a 70 limit, 105 behind a marked cop in a 70 limit and 70 past a marked police biker in a 60.

I also did a rather close overtake at 85 on some twisties (in a 60). The oncoming car panic braked when he saw me in his lane (we wouldnt have collided even if the guy had accelerated, I think he was just a bit shocked to see me). Right behind the guy I caused to brake was a cop... And yet I have never been pulled, never had a ticket.

You sort of get to know when and by how much you can push your luck with cops round here. You can get away with a bit more from biker cops than you can from cops in cars. I can't help but think that I have been very lucky by the fact that I still have a clean licence and havn't had so much as a tug from the old bill (or 5-0 in your American speak)

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
never been pulled over on a bike, and only a few times in a car. I'm proud to say i only have 1 ticket that i got over 11 years ago in my truck because i forgot that a road speed limit was changed from a 80 to a 50 zone. got a ticket for 82 in a 50, a week after the signs were changed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got pulled over a few weeks ago and he had something to say about everything on my bike.. i only have a integrated taillight which he said is illegal, my flush mount signals are illegal, and my TINTED WINDSCREEN is too dark! lol. But didnt say anything about my exhaust with no baffels

·
Registered
109 Posts
Was on the on ramp today and had it pinned in 3rd when all the sudden I see a cop in the median turn and start to get on the freeway after he saw me so I braked and stayed in the far right lane and got off 2 exits later. I thought for sure I was going to get pulled over, I don't know if he didn't have me clocked or if he saw me slow down and said fk it. Either way it was a little too close, I am a dumbass for that one I will be more careful from now on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
plenty..

got stopped once for speeding and pulling the front wheel up... cop knew us from being our p.a.l flag flootball coach as kids and let us go... got stopped by statey for doing about 100 in a 65 i believe.. wrote me ticket for expired inspection sticker.. got caught speeding on road with buddies 45 in a 30 or so.. dont recall exactly? Cop let us go becuase oh yea i arrest people along side him and he rides too!!! LOL

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
got stopped once for speeding and pulling the front wheel up... cop knew us from being our p.a.l flag flootball coach as kids and let us go... got stopped by statey for doing about 100 in a 65 i believe.. wrote me ticket for expired inspection sticker.. got caught speeding on road with buddies 45 in a 30 or so.. dont recall exactly? Cop let us go becuase oh yea i arrest people along side him and he rides too!!! LOL
:banghead:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts