Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I visited a local dealership in SoCal today and was shopping for a CBR. The guy told me I should buy soon because they would eventually run out of the CBR's. Now I understand that this could very possibly be a sales pitch, but is there any truth to this? I mean, at some point don't they stop getting the bikes or do most dealerships keep them stocked until the next years models come in? Anyone have any experience with this or work at a dealership? I just want to know because I want to wait until September to get my CBR. Thanks all!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
well i also did hear somewhere that they are only gettin a certain amount in and then no new shipments... but thats just hearsay and dont know if its the truth either

im sure someone on here will give a def answer

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I know that the honda dealership here is alotted a certain amount of bikes so I would guess it would be the same for other dealers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It is true to some degree. Each dealer is only buys a certain amount and beyond that they trade between each other.

I bought my 05 600 from LA Cycle sports for 8899.00 out the door that was the price they gave me when I asked for a quote and was thousands below most dealers otd. Didn't even bother haggling was more than reasonable. Don't use there service dept. Just there purchasing dept. Also I did everything through their online sales dept, and had a great expierience.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I am in very much the same situation...
The word I am recieving is that a lot of dealerships did not order up enough 600rr's... I don't know if they didnt realize the changes that were being made or what the reason was, but it's leaving a lot of them empty handed right now. From one of my contacts, they are saying they are awaiting word from their honda sales rep as to when they could get more in stock.

Nothing really concrete for you, but it would seem that if the dealership wants, they may be able to pull in an extra 1 or 2 bikes.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If the dealership starts talking like "it'll take some time" and "it may cost you" or the like, just walk away. Just MHO. I would. Don't let them pull any of that "I found one over here, but I can only get it for you for this price" crap either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the responses. So I can see that there probably is some truth to the statement, which I figured and then the dealerships can kind of use that fact to their benefit by saying, hey, I only have "x" amount left, better hurry up and purchase. I'm just wondering when they would actually "run out." Thanks again for your help guys. And thanks cm188 for the suggestion for the dealership. That's an AMAZING deal out the door in my opinion. Anyone here get a deal that good??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts