Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, before everyone starts bashing the idea of running from cops (I assume that will be the tendancy here) I'd like to here why or why people don't run from cops. We all know the CBR600RR is much faster and handles much better than the typical Crown Vic (at least all the cops here in GR are Crown Vics). I personally have been caught speeding once and pulled over. The second time a cop tried to stop me everything was iffy and I ended up taking a side street. I don't even know if he was trying to get to me or not. Please be honest, if you don't condone running, but you have before anyway, please say so. I'm just curious how many people have actually run even if they don't think it's a good idea.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i really dont feel like having a felony evasion on my record. Assuming you are traveling 10-20 over and an officer decides to pull you over, total cost of your ticket, a couple hundred (at most)...now if you run, you are risking your life (priceless) and should you get caught, a trip to jail (bail=$$$), plus youll want to get a lawyer (more $$$) then you will need to get it out of impound (more $$$) then go court and pay those fees plus whatever they nail you for ( even more $$$$$) and after thats all said and done, youve made EVERY other guy on a sportbike look like a prick...people wonder why so many cops act like jerks towards us....probably because they have come across a few irresponsible bike riders and may tend to profile us. just my .02

·
Banned
70 Posts
I never did it, and i am not thinking of doing it at all.

+1 on thesoonerkid comment.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Never done it, and don't plan on it. I've found most of the time that if i just pull over immediately and act curtious, they let me off with a warning. I've been employing this technique for 5 years now and it's worked great. I was pulled over countless times in my integra, most of the time for speeding recklessly, and over 90% of the time i was let off with a warning.
On the bike i've been pulled over three times, and got two warnings.
Yes, you could run from a police car. But you can't outrun a radio, and you never know what's coming up ahead. If you run you're endangering yourself and everyone else around you.
That, and i'm too paranoid. What if the cop gets my plates, or recognizes me later or something. F that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i use to do it when i was a kid on my dirtbikes and snowmobiles in the woods in the mountains and not in rural areas where i can hurt or kill someone. yes i got caught sometimes and lost a couple bikes for it. but i would never do it now im a father and a husband and most of all a man now and accept responsibility for my actions. just pull over and take the hit your the one that broke the law and should pay for it. not the family of someone you kill by trying to out run a cop

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Two words= common ******* sense

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Why can't we prevent these ******* squids from joining the site? I have been a member since Dec 2002 (yes before the 600RR was even released) and I am coming close to leaving the site. Many have probably noticed that Jetblast, Eazy E and many of the original gang rarely stop in anymore.....Maybe I have stayed loyal and hoped the morons would eventually leave.

There was a time when excellent information was shared and there was actually a good share of actual cyclists (not squids) here. The ******* morons that have invaded this site is sickening.

You should run from the Police. You're are an idiot and I would be happier with less idiots walking the streets. Do me a favor, start running from the cops. When you get arrested, slam your bike into a bus or kill someone then post up why running from the cops is a ******* retarded idea.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The squid probably would have joined the site in 2002 if he could too, except he couldn't because he was still swimming in his daddy's balls....

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I'll be honest, I kind-of lost the cops once the first year I had the RR. I was on my way home, at a good rate of speed, 80+, There was a cop on the left side of the road back in the bushes either sleeping or a speed trap. I flew by him, there was a sweeping corner, then the right hand turn I had to make. I sped up a little bit, made the right hander and kept going home. By the time the cop even pulled out, I was probably around the right hander. I did catch a glimpse of the red lights in my mirror as the cop continued down the original road that he tagged me on. I went home, parked the bike in the house, (Where I used to park it before I built the garrage) and never saw the cop go by my house.

I guess I pulled the disappearing bike trick on him.

I don't think I would do it again, but this was the perfect scenerio, I could pretend I never even saw him. And I didn't even run, I knew the roads and I just didn't slow down.

Flat out running from the cops, no I wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
always thought about it but never would do it, with my luck the stupid pig would rodney king my arse and take my bike and push it into oncoming traffic. i hate cops, they all seem to have what i like to call little man syndrome. you know, the ones who got pushed around in high school, couldnt take it like a man and are now cops so they can do whatever they want......

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I know guys that have done it. Friend of my dads road a dual sport dirtbike-ish bike and didn't have the money to pay a ticket, cop pulled out and he ran, he put up such a good chase that the cop was inclined to give him a break----- with a catch. He told him he would let him go as long as he signed on as a MSF instructor to teach people to ride safely. He saw the sense of this and took it. Cop even followed him over the MSF office in his town and had him signed up. Been a safe rider ever since and is still a part time instructor to this day.

However, thats a fairy tale story, won't happen to a sportbike riding kid who runs from the cops, this was also 1-2 decades ago to when cops had more say on stuff and probably has less prejudice to riders in that since. 80s was the golden age of law enforcement in a lot of ways per my Crim. Justice teacher.

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
I dont think running from the cops is a good idea at all. If the cop is right behind you, pull the hell over. But there are certain situations where I would say fvck it and go. This is only if the cop is parked by the side of the road and sitting out lasering like a douche bag. I have only done this once, and the time it took him to get in his car and pull out into traffic I already pulled on to a side road and was gone. It was a horrible feeling but Im not gonna lie, Im glad that lazy cop & and my evil insurance didnt make a cent off me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
BigTuna said:
Why can't we prevent these ******* squids from joining the site? I have been a member since Dec 2002 (yes before the 600RR was even released) and I am coming close to leaving the site. Many have probably noticed that Jetblast, Eazy E and many of the original gang rarely stop in anymore.....Maybe I have stayed loyal and hoped the morons would eventually leave.

There was a time when excellent information was shared and there was actually a good share of actual cyclists (not squids) here. The ******* morons that have invaded this site is sickening.

You should run from the Police. You're are an idiot and I would be happier with less idiots walking the streets. Do me a favor, start running from the cops. When you get arrested, slam your bike into a bus or kill someone then post up why running from the cops is a ******* retarded idea.
Mr. Tuna... I think u thrashed him... RUNNING IS DUMB, but we all do dumb things sometimes. He seems to have recently joined. Maybe he's just a new rider looking to become more informed in the face of conflicting opinions.

I SUPPORT NEW RIDERS WHO WANT TO BE MORE INFORMED!:01_thumbu

Seems like a good thing to me! Even if I gotta say its dumb a thousand times, I just might save some Squid's life so that he can go on to become the next BIG TUNA.:icon_supe

My .02.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have never run from the cops persay, but there has been one or 2 times when I'd be doing 15-20mph over the limit and a leo would drive past me on the other side of the median and flip his lights on. Were the lights for me? I dunno but if there was an exit or side street coming up I'd duck on off and pull into a parking lot somewhere and wait a few mins for things to cool down. It's alot different than having a cop behind you with his blue lights on and u decide to punch it and try and lose him imo, which is something I'd never do.

High speed chases ftl

·
Registered
209 Posts
Man, I do that **** all the time, cops don't know me ya know! I mean when I'm rayelin down the highway at 170 and stuff, ain't non cop want none of that. None mah crew stops neither, damn coppers just wanting to cause trouble for us while we're out cruising the highways at 100+ minding our own business weaving between cars and whatnot. WHY THE COPS WANT TO RUIN OUR FUN? So that's why we run!

The above statement is not my personal opinion. As I believe if you're going to speed, be a man and take your ticket. Also running endangers other people, as well as yourself. Although, in some circles of motorcyclists, the above statement would hold absolutely true for them. I don't know why. In time, they'll get caught though. We have a guy on a different forum I frequent, that would kinda almost brag about riding around with no ins. no M and no tag or title. Guess what, he runs from the cops any time they try to pull him over.

He got popped in a parking lot for getting on it, didn't get to run because the visor was fogged up. Bike impounded, buncha tickets. It'll catch up with you guys, always does.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't run. It is stupid and irresponsible. Moreover, you might piss the guy off and when I am going down the street doing 5 over he might come after me and ticket me for my FE or something. Think about sportbike riders overall instead of yourself when you are out there!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.