Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need your advise on the issue im having,

i own a 2008 and the problem started after my bike ran Out of fuel :sneaky::sneaky:

Now from idle to 3000k rpm bike is like misfiring and stalling but after 3000k there are no issues with the bike.
You can get an idea about the issue from the below video.(not my bike but this guy is also having the same issue)

Trying to fix this issue have done the below,

1. Cleaning the injectors
2. Replacing the Spark plugs
3. Replaced the air filter

My mechanic said that the issue might be with the Fuel filter(In the fuel pump) as he noticed its kind of blacked-out.

However according to the above video link the guy had fixed the issue by replacing the spark plugs and fuel pressure regulator, I have noticed in 2008 the regulator is inbuilt with the pump. Do you guys think the issue is with the pump?

Also sometimes when the mechanic do some high revs the issue goes away and comes back after I start the bike next day(after bike gets cold), also some times randomly issue get disappeared while riding and comes back again randomly.(within the same ride lets say for 30 km ride)

Any idea to get this issue sorted out guys?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,769 Posts
On what planet is that an 08?

Also, it could very well be the regulator. It's attached to the pump but is replaceable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On what planet is that an 08?

Also, it could very well be the regulator. It's attached to the pump but is replaceable
Bike on video is not a 08 and its not my bike, Just wanted to post that coz its having the same issue as I do.

Anyways thanks for the info I'll check on that :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
My friend had the same, he found a whole bunch of rust in the tank and it kinda ruined his pump. He solved the issue by replacing strainer/filter, pump/regulator with motor.
If you find yourself emptying the tank, remember it can rust easily if it dries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend had the same, he found a whole bunch of rust in the tank and it kinda ruined his pump. He solved the issue by replacing strainer/filter, pump/regulator with motor.
If you find yourself emptying the tank, remember it can rust easily if it dries.
Thanks man!! really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks man!! really appreciate it :)
Mind you this doesn't mean that you have the same problem. He had similar symptoms but he still did a lot of trial and error diagnosis, and so should you as well. Otherwise you might end up replacing them for no reason. In your place, I would start by checking the strainer and tank condition, then decided where to move from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mind you this doesn't mean that you have the same problem. He had similar symptoms but he still did a lot of trial and error diagnosis, and so should you as well. Otherwise you might end up replacing them for no reason. In your place, I would start by checking the strainer and tank condition, then decided where to move from there.
You are correct, My mechanic also asked me to check the strainer as well. Thank you very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts