Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 600rr

Searched my a** off for an answer or even a little bit of insight on every forum I'm a member of and didn't find anything that quite related to the problem I'm having with my bike. Basic situation- Start the bike (cold), runs great! Get on and ride. Acts perfect until running temp. (176ish), that's where the issue starts. Bike starts to flood. Can't hold a steady speed, bogs if I'm not accelerating, shoots flames out of the exhaust, noticeably less power than normal when accelerating, gets about 75-80 miles to a tank, and dies when I pull in the clutch both when rolling (any speed, any gear) and at lights. Turned up the idle a bit and that seems to keep it from killing (most of the time).

When did this start happening? Got stuck in stop and go traffic on 494 a week or so ago and shut the bike off whenever i knew we'd be stopped for a decent amount of time. Temp stayed below 215 and it seemed to be running just fine for the first 30 mins or so. The third or fourth time I started it, it killed on me. Wouldn't stay running unless I was on the throttle. Got her home finally and checked to see if the ecu would throw any codes. Nothing.

I'm open to literally any suggestions as to what the hell is wrong and what I can do to fix it. Help me.....

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Sounds like one of your injectors is on its way out...

You may be able to get an idea of which one by measuring the individual header temps.

Do you have a power commander?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
sounds like it is starting to miss on a cylindar

Maybe a coil or a spark plug too.

but if it is dumping so much fuel it is likely what Nico said - Injector

1 - 3 of 3 Posts