Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that after riding at lower speeds and higher gears that my bike now runs a little rougher than before. Did I clog my plugs by doing this? Its a 06 600 rr with aprox 11,700 miles on it. Last oil change was about 500 miles ago. It also runs a little hot taking longer than usual to cool down once I get going on the road, could this be one of those situations where I need to burp the cooling system?

·
Registered
7 Posts
im experiencing the same thing, i also have an 06 an i asked a local guy wat he thought it may be an he said the injectors may be clogged. he told me to put half a bottle of injector cleaner in with a full tank of fuel an run the bike really hard. also the rpm's were a little lower than 1500 an when i adjust that it seems to run a little smoother but only for a few minutes. haven't ran the whole tank dry yet but ill keep posted to what it may be.

K

·
0 Posts
cooling problem might be related to expired coolant. consider engine ice as a replacement. as for your rough running, is the bike stock? running lower RPMs is not that big of a deal so long as you don't routinely hammer the gas while doing it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I changed out the coolant but now the temps vary quite wildly mostly running around 180-190. I just used some Prestone 50/50 is that alright. I'll give the fuel injector cleaner a shot though. Good idea!

K

·
0 Posts
Well I changed out the coolant but now the temps vary quite wildly mostly running around 180-190. I just used some Prestone 50/50 is that alright. I'll give the fuel injector cleaner a shot though. Good idea!
180-190 is very normal.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update, I used the fuel injector cleaner and the bike seems to be running smoother. Thanks for that tip tigercharged

1 - 7 of 7 Posts