Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of people who have ran from cops and gotten away but is it really worth it to risk getting caught if you were just speeding. even if if you were to say 150mph.

other than the fact that your risking your life and others if you crash.

like what should you expect if you run and get caught or decide to stop?

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
i got stoped. i was going 148mph. i'm dumb, i should ran. the cop was nice though, he only wrote down that i was going 24mph over and wreckless driving. that was a $410 dollar ticket and 8pts. now i get no chrismas presents. boo who.:(

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Running from the popo is just.... stupid! (IMHO) Definitely not worth it if you ask me. I too have had a few friends that ran a couple of times.... they got away and luckily nothing happened. But I just considered that luck. Enough times and something bad is bound to happen sooner or later. The possible resulting consequences, whether it be jail, tickets, loss of license, or death to me or someone else.... just not worth it. Already buried 6 friends in a matter of 2 years, I don't want to be next

Plus if I lost my license, I would not only lose my job, but I would lose my career. I have to drive customers cars and have to be insurable my the company insurance in order to do so. 6 points or more on my license and I'm toast.

In 142,000 street miles on a sportbke, I've never have problems with the popo though.... I just take it easy and don't do anything stupid to make them pull me over, and the few times I have been I was just polite and honest, and 99% of the time got off with a warning. If I want to haul ass, I'll go to the track where it belongs :icon_lol:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I actually generally go slower on my bike than my car on the highway for the sole reason I can't see cops as well.

Some states have SOP's in place to not chase sport bikes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don't run...unless you know you can make it, lol

Seriously though, it's just not worth it, just pull over and get the tix and life goes on and you get to enjoy your bike and your family and life...you know how bad it could end.

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you're going to run, you need to know exactly how to get to the nearest paintshop. For $100, they'll respray and give you a brand new engine in less than 5 seconds. Also, you'll lose all your wanted stars after a minute as long as you don't kill anyone or steal a new car.
But in the event you do get busted, you'll end up at the nearest police station, but you'll lose any armour you had plus all your weapons. But you can buy your weapons back with a cop bribe, as long as you have $2000. If I get busted, I usually steal the cop car at the police station to go whereever I want to go next.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
If you're going to run, you need to know exactly how to get to the nearest paintshop. For $100, they'll respray and give you a brand new engine in less than 5 seconds. Also, you'll lose all your wanted stars after a minute as long as you don't kill anyone or steal a new car.
But in the event you do get busted, you'll end up at the nearest police station, but you'll lose any armour you had plus all your weapons. But you can buy your weapons back with a cop bribe, as long as you have $2000. If I get busted, I usually steal the cop car at the police station to go whereever I want to go next.

HAHAHAHHAAH

But for my words of wisdom, living in Florida, just abide by the damn laws, its not hard. Its PAYS to PLAY, hell you might be able to play no more..after you pay. Just follows the law and you wont have an issue. Running the police and dying? Do you think its really worth dying for? I know you may love your bike, but hell, I'm not dying for it! haha :all_cohol

·
Registered
743 Posts
lol, GTA is a bad influence

·
Registered
882 Posts
like what should you expect if you run and get caught or decide to stop?
correct me if im wrong fellas...
speeding+failure to stop+felony evading+reckless driving+(probably) failure to stop at lights and signs+(probably) lane violations=JAIL
i'll be honest, i've thought of running before...im not afraid of police cruisers, it's their RADIOS im afraid of (not to mention choppers and cameras)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts