Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put any type of saddle bags on their 600RR? I'd like to do some traveling with the bike due to the significant mileage gain and I just plain love riding it... Do the saddle bags make the rear foot pegs unusable or can the Mrs. still get her feet in there? I'm looking at the largest one's... I'll be traveling for business reasons and will need to take more than overnight clothes (not suits or anything, just casual).

What brands have people used? I was looking at the Nelson Rigg one's, I spotted Givi ones on here, someone was selling... and Cortech are the other's I've seen in a catalog...

Has anyone had trouble with the straps rubbing the paint on the tail section?

Any help would be appreciated.

K

·
0 Posts
i have! Bought these Nelson Riggs from Denniskirk.com when they were clearanced out.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
or a trailer. :sign10:

i doubt putting saddlebags would even let u have a passenger, let alone enjoy a nice ride with all that luggage. a sidecar might work too!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have a $85 set-up from nelson rigg...it was just perfect for a 1300 mile loop around california (120 through yosemite, up 395 to tahoe, down 49 through grass valley, up 99 to red bluff, out 36 to eureka, down 1 to san francisco for those that care).

i haven't yet seen a luggage setup that would work with a passenger - plus, if you're going distances that require luggage, i can't imagine finding a girl who wouldn't get insanely uncomfortable after the first day...

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
or a trailer. :sign10:

i doubt putting saddlebags would even let u have a passenger, let alone enjoy a nice ride with all that luggage. a sidecar might work too!
i took all my luggage to Road America and did 4 parade laps on the track at a much faster than 40 MPH pace working my way to the front. heavier, yes, totally unmanageable to enjoy some twisty bits? hell no.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
What's wrong with a backpack? It worked for me... 5 day trip to Canada.

Sport touring with a sportbike is utterly badass. Putting actual touring bags on a sportbike......... not so badass.

·
Registered
158 Posts
As said previously, it'd be hard to carry both luggage and passenger. If you want to sport-tour two up you'll need to bump up to an FJR or C14, they are designed for two up w/lots of luggage. As far as one -up touring on the CBR, it's a blast. I don't use saddlebags, I made a plate to bolt to subframe in lieu of rear seat and I mount Dryspec touring bags to that. It works great and I can carry tons of stuff. I also have various tank bags to use as well.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
As said previously, it'd be hard to carry both luggage and passenger. If you want to sport-tour two up you'll need to bump up to an FJR or C14, they are designed for two up w/lots of luggage. As far as one -up touring on the CBR, it's a blast. I don't use saddlebags, I made a plate to bolt to subframe in lieu of rear seat and I mount Dryspec touring bags to that. It works great and I can carry tons of stuff. I also have various tank bags to use as well.

waterproof ??

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
What's wrong with a backpack? It worked for me... 5 day trip to Canada.

Sport touring with a sportbike is utterly badass. Putting actual touring bags on a sportbike......... not so badass.
Not so badass putting all that weight on your back. Tank bags still let you tuck for the most part, and double as a rest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts