Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

This september i am taking a big road trip with my Cousin and my Uncle down into the eastern US. It is going to be an 8 day trip and many miles covered. (hoping to go to Deals Gap, and other moto destinations)

I am riding the RR and my Cousin is riding a Shadow and my Uncle is riding a VTR (all Honda FTMFW)

Obviously my bike is the least tour-able.

I need to pack cloths for this trip amungst a few other things. (I want to pack the bear minimum)

I need advice on tail bags, or tank bags.

What fits well what doesnt?

What brands/models have protective cloth that wont scratch my bike?

I am thinking that I should get a tank bag and saddle bags. and carry a back pack> (I am thinking that a upper tail bag might get in the way of my back pack)

Can you guys let me know what you have or have used before? What you thought about it? liked it? etc...?

all your input and help is appreciated.

Cheers,:cheers:

Parker

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man^

I did see that thread already though. I am more looking for tank bag and saddle bag info.

My main concern is fitment and that it won't scratch my bike.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I went with all nelson riggs stuff and was able to pack minimalistic for 4 days, don't know how your going to do 8 man, that's quite a long journey... The "seat bag" I got was able to hold quite a bit of stuff, couple pairs of jeans, 3-4 tshirts, couple boxers, and sox with my toiletries. It's the nelson riggs CL-75S.. this one was also the only one I found that mounts to the seat instead of the tail which is nice since of the underseat exhaust...

Tank bag i used was a CL-1020, but it didn't fit as much as the rear seat bag, plus I hate the straps.. I think they made bigger ones, I just wanted to keep the front small since i'm not that big and didn't want something I had to reach over to grab my bars..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Look at the Bags Connection stuff at www.twistedthrottle.com. They make tank, tail and saddlebags along with touring bags for sport bikes. A little pricey but it's top notch stuff. I have a couple of their tank bags and will probably buy their new saddlebag setup.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Cycle Guys (.com) make a rack/plate that attaches to the rear seat. It can take a pretty good sized bag on it that might carry all your stuff. Its called a FastRack and is $54. I have used it on more than one sportbike successfully.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Make that cruiser carry the bags. Keeps you sporty.

If that idea won't fly with the rider then look at the Cortech three piece set. I have the tail bag and it is great, have been eyeballin' the saddle bags to complete the set but have not pulled the trigger yet.
Sport Saddlebags
Sport Tailbag

·
Registered
157 Posts
In reference to your question about scratches,my Nelson Rig strap on tank bag came with a thick padded bottom.Ive used it several times and it left no marks behind.I used it this past weekend on a 600 mile trip and it did great.

·
Registered
785 Posts
kriegaaaaaaaa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts