Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 rr and want to get some saddlebags for it. I want to use them for riding with a passenger. I am looking for the biggest bags I can get away with. I am concerned with them getting in the way of the passengers legs of feet. I am going to be using them to go on trips w/ the girlfriend.

Please don't say get a different bike or just use a backpack. I want to go somewhere on the bike and stay a few nights so I need enough room for both of our things. The bags will barely be on used so I don't care about the looks. Just need lots of room for all her stuff.

These were some of the ones I was thinking of:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/28911/ITEM/MotoCentric-Mototrek-Sport-Saddlebags.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/5236/ITEM/Tour-Master-Saddlebags.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/5027/ITEM/Chase-Harper-Aeropac-II-Saddlebags.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/27824/ITEM/Ogio-Saddlebags.aspx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody on here must have a used saddlebags. I searched and got a lot of information but almost nothing on saddlebags with a passenger.

·
Registered
98 Posts
sorry about the small images. but here are the photos from my last 1000 mile 4 day trip from iowa to northern wisconsin. I have cortech saddlebags and i straped them on. My fiance said it was very comfortable and didnt bother her legs very much. I would suggest these bags and you can fit a ton of **** in them plus beer!!! they are stable up to 145 mph (tested and approved without fiance on bike, no flaming) they didnt budge at all on the bike either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about the small images. but here are the photos from my last 1000 mile 4 day trip from iowa to northern wisconsin. I have cortech saddlebags and i straped them on. My fiance said it was very comfortable and didnt bother her legs very much. I would suggest these bags and you can fit a ton of **** in them plus beer!!! they are stable up to 145 mph (tested and approved without fiance on bike, no flaming) they didnt budge at all on the bike either.

Thank you. These were the bags I was leaning towards. I just wasn't sure about how they would work with a passenger. These pics really helped.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds really uncomfortable for the passenger. What's so bad about a nice size tank bag and a couple of backpacks? Just wondering..

She doesn't mind wearing a backpack for a few hours but I don't want to make her wear a stuffed backpack for 6-8 hours. Plus if we are going to stay a few nights somewhere she will want to pack enough clothes. tank bag and backpack just won't cut it with the way she packs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
She doesn't mind wearing a backpack for a few hours but I don't want to make her wear a stuffed backpack for 6-8 hours. Plus if we are going to stay a few nights somewhere she will want to pack enough clothes. tank bag and backpack just won't cut it with the way she packs.
Keep in mind, she's not going to want to sit on the back of a bike for 6-8 hrs at a time. That said, I think Saddlebags are much more comfy for the passenger than a big backpack.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep in mind, she's not going to want to sit on the back of a bike for 6-8 hrs at a time. That said, I think Saddlebags are much more comfy for the passenger than a big backpack.
Trust me I know 6-8 hours straight won't work. We did about 7 hours of riding in about 10.5 hours last summer. It was on my old bike though. She handled it really well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i dont have any pics of it as of right now. i can explain it though.

Each bag has a strap on the front and on the back. The front strap is attached to the passenger peg bracket. the rear straps are actually attached to each other to pull the rear of the bags together. There is a large strap that goes over the top of the passenger seat to hold the bag. All these are adjustable and i only tighten them down once all are fastened.

i will try to get a picture of it this weekend.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont have any pics of it as of right now. i can explain it though.

Each bag has a strap on the front and on the back. The front strap is attached to the passenger peg bracket. the rear straps are actually attached to each other to pull the rear of the bags together. There is a large strap that goes over the top of the passenger seat to hold the bag. All these are adjustable and i only tighten them down once all are fastened.

i will try to get a picture of it this weekend.
Sweet, thanks for your help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts