Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just would like to know what the safest way of ordering items from Private sellers from the net? I dont have a Visa and i really would like to avoid getting one so is there any other alternative? money order safe? i know that i will do some research on the seller just to be safe but i dont wanna get screwed. Any advice?

P.S. I'm in Toronto, and stuff in the states is more cheap and wider selection.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Paypal will help out allot, most sellers accept this form and paypal will back the money..... T

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
use paypal. as long as you have a bank account, you can use paypal to complete transactions between private and public sellers. i used it 3 times today.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i wouldn't want to do a money order only because I am not sure what kind of policies they have on fraud - i would highly recommend getting some type of credit card/use your bank account and use paypal if you plan on buying anything else online - it is the only way i will buy from a private seller

·
Registered
364 Posts
Paypal all the way....if something goes wrong they back it 100%!!! I used it with Tri just yesterday!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now most people accept paypal? and what if the buyer doesnt send the item to you and focks off with your money? So i can sign up to paypal with my debit card (bank/ATM card)?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Id say the best i know of so far would be Paypal, although im somewhat reluctant to say. Paypal has very poor buyer protection.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeh, i'd agree with paypal. it's probably your safest bet. even tho it's not that great with buyer protection, it still has some form of it.

yes, you can just sign up with your debit card. plus, if something should happen, your bank should be able to help you too. most people use paypal. if all they want is money order, i'd stay away from those people.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Paypal is good but be very careful in terms of emails you recieve from "paypal". I get fake emails all the time from people who know I have a Paypal account. These fockers even make fake copies of the Paypal website to try to get your password from you so they can clear out your bank account.

I don't reply to any Paypal addressed emails. Even if they are from the actual Paypal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Paypal is quick and easy to use but man their a bit expensive. What is the fee now 3+% of the transaction amount? At least the fee is only applied to incoming money not when you pay for something..

Also be aware their protection is sorta weak. The way I heard it works is.. If someone is found to have accepted your money fraudulently and didn't send you the goods.. The only way you'll get your money back is *IF* their paypal account ever receives a balance again.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Now most people accept paypal? and what if the buyer doesnt send the item to you and focks off with your money? So i can sign up to paypal with my debit card (bank/ATM card)?
Most people do accept Paypal. If the buyer does not send the item and you file a claim with Paypal within 30 days, they will try to refund you your money. However, if the seller can prove it was sent and/or received your claim would be with the post office or company that was used to send the item. Out of all the transactions I have done as an Ebayer and buying things from people on forums, I have never gotten burned in terms of someone not sending something I have paid for. You can sign up for Paypal using your debit card, which is linked to a bank account. You may need to provide the actual bank account number. Possibly if you set up the account as a credit card account using your ATM card number it will work. If your ATM is also a VISA it should work that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts