Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm safety wiring my bike for WERA West, and in the tech form it says need to safety wire or tap the Fork Drain and the Rear Brake Torque Arm. Can anyone tell me for the 2005 600rr which exact locations on the bike those two things are?

I didn't notice a fork drain and I tried to look at the manual what the torque arm was and I didn't see anything. Is the rear brake caliper mounting bolt what they are talking about? Or the rear brake banjo bolt? Or is it something totally different?

Thanks for any info.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
i don't know what you are looking for but this is what i have wired on my bike.

brake caliper bolts
axle bolts
oil drain plug
oil fill cap
coolant drain plug
exhaust clamp bolt (under seat)

i may be missing something but i believe that is all i have wired and have raced two seasons like that.

go to www.wera.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think you might find that the rear brake torque arm is not used on the RR's. I think it would be referring to the arm that supports the rear caliper. The most obvious one that I can think of is on 98ish GSX-R 600's/750's?

Anyone correct me if I am wrong?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'll back up the above post - the RR does not have a rear brake torque arm.

Torque arms are used on some bikes to stop the rear brake caliper rotating as the brake is applied. On the RR there is a slot in the swinging arm that the caliper bracket locates into to do the same job. If you've had the rear wheel out you'll be familiar with struggling to get the caliper bracket to slide back into it's slot in the arm.

The 05/06 RR does not have fork oil drain bolts, you don't see them on bikes with upside down forks - to drain the oil you usually have to unscrew the tops and turn the legs upside down.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for all the info guys. That's a relief, a few more bolts I don't have to safety wire :)

Thanks BigTuna, I forgot about that coolant drain plug, I'll make sure I get that. Downloading the service manual right now. There's only one coolant drain plug right? For some reason i remember there being 2 or something when I had to flush the coolant to replace with water wetter. I only took out 1 plug because the other one was behind the headers.

Lastly, the tech form for WERA says to do the header bolts. I know you guys might run in a different organization but did you have to do the header bolts also? Thanks for all the info again.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigTuna said:
i don't know what you are looking for but this is what i have wired on my bike.

brake caliper bolts
axle bolts
oil drain plug
oil fill cap
coolant drain plug
exhaust clamp bolt (under seat)

i may be missing something but i believe that is all i have wired and have raced two seasons like that.

go to www.wera.com

Okay, so no header bolts for you. Cool.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks snoggin, got that one covered. Just missing the header bolts now and exhaust bracket bolts. Thanks everyone. Time to get some racing in ;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Back to the fork oil drain bolts.. I know it was said that they're not on the 05/06's.. but what about the 03/04? I am not at my bike right now, but trying to finish up and make sure everything is ready to go, and the drain bolt and fork oil drains are the two I forgot to wire up..

On the 03/04's.. where are these fork oil drain bolts anyhow? And what does everyone wire the coolant drain bolt to?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wish I could help you out chkaotic, but I don't have the answer. Bump this to the top in case you didn't get your question answered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts