Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buying a new 600rr and i located one not to far away. it is a 2006 600rr with only 2800miles. it is completely stock and is being sold for $6000. the catch it it needs a new nose fairing, right side upper and lower fairing and a rear tail. the estimated costs i got for all these is $1593

what would you offer the seller?

$6000 seems a little high because all the damage to the bike but it is an 06 with only 2800 so im not sure....please give me an idea. only my second buy purchase in 3 weeks.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
why pay 7593 for a used 06 when u can get an 07 from power sports in Sanford Fl for 9584 offer the seller 5000 and go from there

·
Registered
587 Posts
stay away from that guy!!!! you should look into getting a ride where you know, what's going on with it.The guys ripping you off man. you know that for every $1000.00 financed on an average credit it would only cost you $20.00 more a month on your payment that's a stop at a burger joint. its still your choice, its ur money, you just have spend it wisely. good luck man.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
why pay 7593 for a used 06 when u can get an 07 from power sports in Sanford Fl for 9584 offer the seller 5000 and go from there
Hey! Some people still like the 06 better than that 07. :toothy4: I agree with the idea of offering $5k though. The bike not only has those cosmetic issues, but we know it has been down. He needs to take someone with him to go look at it that knows bikes. Someone who can look for damage beyond the fairings.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im going to start alot lower i believe around 5k. thats what ive been told by my close friends also.

im not getting the 07 because i dont have the extra 2000 and im already a college studentand by the time im done ill have borrowed about 100,00 not including the percentage rate tacked on.

thats why im getting a used bike. ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im trying to get a buddy of mine to come but hes been a jerk lately and doesnt feel like doing anything. anyone in the tampa area mind taking a look with me if i head on down?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hats seminole want for an 07? do they have any 06's left?

i dont have the bank account for an 07 as a college student

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I do not think they have any 06's left, but give them a call... Ask for Don, he's one of the best sales rep there...

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
dont be in a rush to buy the first bike that comes along. check out craigslist or cycletrader.. look around. it shouldnt be too difficult finding a nice 05/06 for a good price. there is a guy on this forum that has a bad ass 05 for 7k. kind of high for an 05 but when you look at it and see all his mods its seriously worth it in my book. good luck

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Head down to West Palm Beach, I was there last weekend and they had a couple 06's left brand new, and a couple used ones there also. Cant remember the name of the place though.. It is a Honda/Kawasaki Shop.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've tried to contact that guy in SC but he doesnt answer PM's, emails anything. I didnt realize that someone was selling 06's still especially for as cheap as southern honda. is that 7600 price OTD? if not what are the cost of their extra charges?

im trying to go slow with finding the bike. just dont have another means of transportation at this point. seeing if i can try and work a rental out until i do

hmm ill have to look for this dealership in west palm. hell of aot closer than southern honda. were their prices as low?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
firefighter if you happen to remember the name of the place let me know. im having a tough time finding it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those guys as southern honda are nice as hell. i give them an A+ just for knowing their $hit and being so courteous. They are trying to bring in an 06 Red/Black for me, seeing what strings they can pull to get a stock transfer.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nastorino, let me know if you need any help buddy. There are some 06's here in the Tampa area too.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah southernhonda is like the biggest dealer in the south east i believe. Thats how they can sell it so cheap. I have never bought anything from them, so i cant tell you if its OTD or not. But i think you have to add taxes and all since the bike is new. You could also find a used one with low miles from an individual and not have to pay taxes and all on it.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Southern Hondas prices are out the door!!! if your from out of state you will of course have to pay the taxes in your own state......

I bought my 05 from there for $6,983 OTD back in July of 05...

There are great people in my opinion and I would never go anywhere else.
Everybody from the receptions to the saleman to the parts guy and everybody inbetween treated me and my family great!!! They even gave me,my wife and both my daughters t-shirts and loaded my bike on my truck for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts