Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have always saluted other bikers with a simple point to the ground or someting to that affect (never to cruisers however, they all have attitudes towards us)...however i was out today for a couple hours and probably saluted about 8 other sportbikes and none of them at all replied...does everyone else salute or am i a retard?

·
Registered
888 Posts
i salute other bikers, be it sport bike or cruiser
some wave back and some dont
first time i was out riding a guy on a harley saluted me, i saluted him back
a few miles later i see a guy on a sport bike i saluted him and he just kept on riding
oh well

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its almost seems to be a crime around here to salute a harley but if he salutes me first then i will return the wave

·
Registered
604 Posts
other sport bikes i'll wave to. cruisers only if they wave 1st. when i 1st started riding i use to wave to all but after awhile u feel like a retard if people aren't waving back. now i mostly wait to get a wave 1st.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i salute everyone on two wheels... i knwo i dont always get the wave back but that could because im to late on doin it some times an i dont always stick my had out to far.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i too salute about everyone,
lately I've not been getting much back, maybe because it's the spring.

Kinda feel like a retard, but you're the only one who knows you waved to everyone and nobody returned the wave, so it's no loss...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I usually wave to all riders I see. Its like a secret soceity. The other day I did it and saw like 3 other cars looking to see who i was waving too and when they saw that it was another bike they just started smiling. I guess they realized that the bikers stick together.

·
Registered
760 Posts
RickRR said:
i have always saluted other bikers with a simple point to the ground or someting to that affect (never to cruisers however, they all have attitudes towards us)...however i was out today for a couple hours and probably saluted about 8 other sportbikes and none of them at all replied...does everyone else salute or am i a retard?
some people just don't know how. they have such a tight death grip on the bars that to let go to them would mean crashing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I wave at every rider I see so long as it's not done at the risk of my hands not being on the controls when they should be. The may/may not wave back - don't really care - I've done my part.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Whether it be a moped, a harley, or a sportbike I usually wave to everyone.

I usually won't wave to someone who has insufficient gear on. ie. helmet, jacket, gloves. It's just something I do. I've been getting waves back from everyone lately though.

Hahaha! If anyone can remember the vid a while back explaining the different variations of waves. Well I got the "newbie" wave the other day. I just started cracking up in my helmet. The guy gave me the "newbie" and he quickly put his hand down and waved lower. Somone post the vid if you can find it.

Also sometimes I feel bad when people try waving to me when I'm starting from a stop because It's a little hard to wave while you're shifting so I usually give them the nod.

·
Registered
223 Posts
"newbie" wave? hmm... never heard of that, but I'd sure like to see it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wave to everybody, and everybody generally waves back.. sometimes i dont think they see me.. Harley/Cruiser guys always wave or wave back as much as sportriders here in my town. I actually dont wave to guys on scooters though haha.. sorry they just aren't in the bike club!
Peace
Shade-

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
RickRR said:
You should respond to all bikers, regardless of what they may ride. There are too few of us on the roads as it is to have a line split down the middle because you don't like what they ride, or their response to what you ride.

http://www.bikerfriend.org

Rule #5: Most importantly, you must agree to extend this option to all those that ride. You must not show prejudice against those who may not meet your idea of the way a biker should be. You must promise to follow these steps even though some bikers will ride fast, slow, or while wearing inadequate gear. After all, most of us are not angels, and I'm sure we all have done something at least once in our lifetime that someone else may consider to be irresponsible or even stupid.

Pay it forward. Show kindness to every rider, and we will all be better off for it. Peace and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
yea i wave at all riders, even a couple times to people on scooters by accident, but dam did that scooter look like a bike from far away. sometimes if im in a turn i won't wave or anything, to dangerous.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
You should respond to all bikers, regardless of what they may ride. There are too few of us on the roads as it is to have a line split down the middle because you don't like what they ride, or their response to what you ride.

http://www.bikerfriend.org

Rule #5: Most importantly, you must agree to extend this option to all those that ride. You must not show prejudice against those who may not meet your idea of the way a biker should be. You must promise to follow these steps even though some bikers will ride fast, slow, or while wearing inadequate gear. After all, most of us are not angels, and I'm sure we all have done something at least once in our lifetime that someone else may consider to be irresponsible or even stupid.

Pay it forward. Show kindness to every rider, and we will all be better off for it. Peace and ride safe.
A big +1 on that

1 - 20 of 39 Posts