Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
i salute everybody that rides...regardless of the type of motorcycle. most riders in my area don't care what you are riding and are pretty friendly...they'll salute simply because you have a love for riding period.

actually, i was watching some people stunt at a local hidden spot the other day and a harley stopped by and the old dude chatted with us and watched for about an hour. real laid back dude.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'll wave at most bikers, regardless of type of gear, unless you can tell that they are obviously too cool to be nice. Usually if I wave, and don't get one back, I just curl the outside fingers in and let them know they're #1.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
600RidgeRunner said:
You should respond to all bikers, regardless of what they may ride. There are too few of us on the roads as it is to have a line split down the middle because you don't like what they ride, or their response to what you ride.

http://www.bikerfriend.org

Rule #5: Most importantly, you must agree to extend this option to all those that ride. You must not show prejudice against those who may not meet your idea of the way a biker should be. You must promise to follow these steps even though some bikers will ride fast, slow, or while wearing inadequate gear. After all, most of us are not angels, and I'm sure we all have done something at least once in our lifetime that someone else may consider to be irresponsible or even stupid.

Pay it forward. Show kindness to every rider, and we will all be better off for it. Peace and ride safe.
I never show disrespect to anyone on two wheels, and nobody ever said i didnt wave because i dont like what they ride. It is just how things are done around here, they dont wave and nor do i.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i wave to almost anybody out enjoying a ride. harely or sportbike. the only guys i don't bother waving to are the chopper dudes, raked out bike, loud pipes, denim vest, skull cap and thick dirt tan. obviously better then eveybody else. and sometimes the harely guys if i think there sketchy, i'll wait for them to wave first.

however i have had those guys on the tour de france bikes, all suited up and and what not wave at me, eh i give em a little nod.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i get confused so much i wave to all bikers when i ride
i get all kinds of waves from jeep dirvers when i drive my moms jeep
then when i drive her vette all the vette drivers wave to me
i just wave to everyone like a big tool lol it makes me look important lol

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I try to wave to all, not so much to the squids =P. most of the time I dont see them wave to me. most of the standard/dual sport guys raise their hand off the bar, but nearly all cruisers just stroll by with their brain bucket lid+bandana+stunnas on and the music up, if available.

·
Registered
569 Posts
when it's safe for me to do it, i wave first or after they do and it doesn't matter what kind of bike.. i even wave to scooter rider.. lol ....and one time, a motorcycle cop. if i get a wave back or not, i don't care.. and yeah some riders might have waved at me but if i don't see them, no way to respond.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wave to all except scooters. I also have a vette and there is a vette wave for those of you who didn't know. It is more of the reclined back seat, left wrist on wheel, flick of the wrist/rev engine sort of thing.

C

·
0 Posts
Im almost done with acknowledging bikers out here in Cali. In the midwest I almost always got a wave or something. Out here its almost like everyone is too cool or something.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I salute by putting my 4 fingers up over the grip.. I dont like taking my hand off the bars for any reason... But I do my mini-wave to every biker I see no matter what bike they're riding.. I get a lot less waves back from cruiser riders though

21 - 39 of 39 Posts