Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend where to bid or buy a salvage bike? Looking to build a track only bike with one. If you could pm me sites to avoid rule violations on the forums Id appreciate it.

Or if anyone has one/knows of one for sale, let me know

·
Registered
718 Posts
Google "online salvage motorcycle auction"

Or buy a blank frame on ebay. No vin makes them cheaper

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Ill check into those things.
I looked up some frames and it seems like building my own bike from the frame up would cost much more than just buying salvage, assuming its got a good frame.
Or do I just find a bent frame salvage for cheap and replace the frame?

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I think the easiest route would be to find a salvaged bike in you price range and fix what you want to replace on it and just go from there. Just my .02

·
Registered
874 Posts
This is what I would do. Go to Craigslist, go to your town & state. Select "motorcycles" filter "title status" Check off every box except, clean and lien. Then hit search and start looking for a track bike! :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I used Copart once, but you are limited to open sales and not just "dealer only bids."

Yeah, it all depends on where you live and if you're willing to buy out of state and pick up or ship. Here, you don't need a license to buy from the auction, so I can actually go there on the day of and bid right along with the dealers if I want to. Most of the bikes are from insurance companies selling off what they've called total losses.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, it all depends on where you live and if you're willing to buy out of state and pick up or ship. Here, you don't need a license to buy from the auction, so I can actually go there on the day of and bid right along with the dealers if I want to. Most of the bikes are from insurance companies selling off what they've called total losses.
Mostly anyone can bid at copart, it's not limited to dealers anymore. I deal with copart on a weekly basis as I'm a car dealer. Imo you have to really careful what you buy there, nowadays there's more dealer cars there than insurance. The killer is the fees, just remember if you buy something there be sure to factor in an extra 500-1000 for buyer fees. Imo the company plays games when it comes to sales that aren't "pure sales", you're better off buying off cl or fleabay.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
+1 to Copart, that's where I got my track bike. Good system, just make sure to set up your account sooner than a few days before an auction - it takes time for them to process your license and stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go to the WERA and N2 forums if you are looking for a track bike. A lot of nice bikes there, it all depends on what you are wanting and willing to pay. I was about to buy a beat ass track bike but jumped on there, spent a couple more bucks and got a really nice one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts