Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i found a great deal on a bike that was low miles, the boy had a small wreck was not his fault but from what he's telling me the insurance marked it salvage. He was picky & he had everything he could replaced and the bike is back together in great condition, besides 3 pieces of the faring need to be painted. Im thinking if i did buy it might get the whole bike repainted another color besides black lol.
Anyhow the title is salvage, he says he has all the pictures of the bike when it was wrecked and all the papers of when he got it repaired and all. My question is anybody thats done it before what all do i need to get this bike title reissued to a rebuilt one so streetable again? I need to know everything there is to know on what i need to get it to pass inspection? I'm also wondering where do u get the bike inspected? I live about 20 min from rome ga anybody near me if your around help me out on that too thanks all ...please help me out thanks !!!!:fiddy:

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
for fucks sake, punctuation and paragraphing.

it was not his position to mark the bike salvage - insurance decides that.

pending on what kind of deal you consider is a good one, i'd have the fairings removed and do a full inspection of the bike before making any decisions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I dont know about your state, but in Ar when you go to get it tagged you have to fill out an affidavit of rebuild.all that consists of is listing everything that was replaced or repaired. Dont know about the inspection, we dont have to get vehicles inspected in Ar. Just an FYI, salvage title vehicles dont hold near the value, even if they are in perfect condition.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Need to know what state you live in. Different rules for different states.

In Texas there are 2 basic types of Slavage Titles.

Salvage Rebuilt - vehicle was rebuilt and inspected/certified. Registers just like a normal bike, the title just has the words "rebuilt" typed on it.

Salvage Only - vehicle is not cleared for road use. If you have one of these and wish to convert it to Salavge Rebuilt, you must have it inspected and the inspector must fill out a green sheet (form that certifies it for road use) and you have to pay an additonal fee to apply for a new title.

From what you typed, it sound like it has a Salvage Rebuilt title and it functions just like a normal title. Just was that "word" that might scare away some buyers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ride a salvage titled bike in CA, and it was kind of a pain to get it registered due to a couple CHP inspections (my bike had a lot of mods already on it that they didnt like). And i had to get a brake and light certificate. But i saved a ton which i threw right back intot eh bike, so yay for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts