Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stay at my girlfriends apartment on weekends, and it is right on San Gabriel Canyon at the start right before it goes up the canyon. I hear bikes going up and down constantly all weekend.

Are any of them you guys, or do you know of anyone that goes? I want to meet up and ride with someone.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Davedog, what's bmr and brr? I'm not familiar with the riding in the area, just the school (APU, where my girl goes) and a few restaurants and everything.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Its GMR and GRR. GMR is Glendora Mountain Road Road. And GRR is Glendora Ridge Road. What happens is if you ride up Azusa canyon after about 9 miles there is a bridge. You cross the bridge and you ride for a little while though some mostly strait sections. Then you hit a 180 degree turn and you start going up some really tight turns. When you get to the top you can either go down GMR which will take you thought some tight technical riding and it dumps you out on Sierra Madre in the city of Glendora, or you can go on GRR and ride that. GRR takes you on top of the ridge for 20 miles or so and dumps you off in mt. baldy. Here is a map of it. Its a really fun ride.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=glendora+ridge+road&csz=Glendora%2C+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
(Zoom out to city, then click one to the east. You can see San Gabriel Canyon Road, which goes to east fork road, which hangs that 180, then comes up the back side to the top of the ridge. Then GMR goes south and GRR goes east over to baldy

·
Registered
739 Posts
No problem man...On the weekdays I usually just make a few runs up and down on San Gabriel Canyon road because there is no traffic and you can open it up as fast as you are comfortable with. On the weekends it gets packed up in there so I will go up and cross the bridge and go over to Baldy. It takes just over an hour to go from the mouth of azusa over to mt. baldy. On the weekdays there are not cops up there. On the weekends there are cops, but they do not use radar and if you fly by them at 80 they just wave and tell you to slow down

·
Registered
236 Posts
i gome stock front turn signals you can barrow. im gonna ride up grr on sat moring. hit me up ill bring it with me

·
Registered
739 Posts
I would love to go up there David but Im going to paintballing with my brother this saturday. Anyone thats interested "Jungle Island" in South Corona is having a "big game" this saturday. Its one HUGE game played on all the fields at once. Can anyone ride tomorrow morning? or Friday afternoon? Oh btw I got some stock fronts also if he cant make it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think a few buddies and I might ride it this saturday. I'll hit you ugys up as soon as I know. This is a very fun canyon run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts