Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
haha that's awesome. I can tell you have some dirt riding experience!

Hope you gave her a good bath after that!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
You weren't fvcking kidding!!!!!

Personally I would never ever do that to my bike, and I would likely call anyone I saw doing that an idiot. With that said it is your bike and you can do with it what you want and if you are willing to put it through that then all the power to you.

Dont take what I am saying the wrong way. I am not calling you an idiot, just saying that if I happened to see someone doing that on a sport bike I would say "what an idiot" lol

And +1 to what Lanco said. Looks like you definitly have dirt riding experience, and I can't imagine how little traction those street tires had on that sand.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Since we're talking about taking street bikes out of their element, ever tried jumping one? They are actually pretty smooth so long as you keep the tire straight and don't catch too much air. Wouldn't recommend trying unless you have some MX experience. lol

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
you have much larger balls than me... first speck of dirt on my tire and i highside 50 times then spontaneously explode.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
^ haha. I've never jumped my RR. Jumping dirt bikes is fun though.

You do see the isle of man racers do it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
^ haha. I've never jumped my RR. Jumping dirt bikes is fun though.

You do see the isle of man racers do it.
i jusmped a speed bump before, but not on purpose. bent my front wheel and blew my left fork seal lmao.. this was on my 04 636 tho. talk about a way to go just to pick up AAA batteries!

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Haha!! I love it! Looks like we were thinking the same thing yesterday.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
you have much larger balls than me... first speck of dirt on my tire and i highside 50 times then spontaneously explode.
These bikes can do well on dirt and trails. As long as you are smooth on the controls, you can put them through a lot. It's actually a good training exercise letting the bike slide around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
THIS IS AWESOME! Some may say you're an idiot for doing it, but I say you're an entrepreneur. and certainly talented. Bravo good sir. :shakehand The giggling at the end got me giggling too...

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
That's funny stuff right there!
I can just imagine the look you would have gotten had you met someone on the trail.
That is exactly what I was getting at.... Not really calling the OP an idiot.
:ciao::shakehand

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I hope your fork oil doesn't have dirt in it, I also hope that the seals are still in good shape. You likely have about a year or more worth of "normal" riding derbi that has made it past the dust covers and is itching to make friends with your seals just by taking on a dirt trail like that for a little bit...who would have thought? it likely wouldn't show signs, because once the inner tubes have bottomed out a few times, the dirt is far past the dust seal. It can become a problem if you keep doing that again....hopefully it hasn't already.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
you have bigger balls than i do, first time I came up to a dirt road i sat there for 2 minutes trying to think of a way to not have to go down that road. i went slowww

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Since we're talking about taking street bikes out of their element, ever tried jumping one? They are actually pretty smooth so long as you keep the tire straight and don't catch too much air. Wouldn't recommend trying unless you have some MX experience. lol

i jump mine, though they're not really "jumps" as much as they are big bunny hops. I dont think I've gone over a foot high, intentionally :crackup:
Once I was riding through an unfamiliar area a lil faster than I should have at night, and went through an intersection which had a huge hump in the middle formed by traffic. Result was me catching a lil over 2ft of air at around 50mph and almost getting bucked off.
Definitely almost dropped a deuce in the process.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
I have accidentally ended up on some dirt roads before... that was a lot of fun after I got over the initial shock of suddenly not being on pavement...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts