Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is need for sandblasting here in our "motorcycle world".

I have an entire sanblasting unit set -up ....but don't know if I should start doing it again or sell it..... I work pretty cheap, just cause I enjoy it, but if I aint gonna use the stuff no more I can make room for somtheing else in the garage.

Any input??

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
DR S
Here is my part of FL the local shop i know got plenty of work
i think it all depends on your market unless
u are willing to gets parts shipped to u and ship them
back when the work is done

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Moe...I was thinking about just having people ship me the parts and then I'd ship them back....my turnaround time is usually 2-3 days depending on my schedule and the part in question.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
CollegeRider said:
Does Tripage sandblast parts before he pc's parts?
Iam sure if its needed he does it :icon_salu

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Yes, all parts are sandblasted before they are coated..

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
It could have saved some clean up about 4 months ago, however we got a bigger cabinet for blasting..

Spank- what do you think the best blast media for our parts is??? Metal oxide???

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tripage said:
Spank- what do you think the best blast media for our parts is??? Metal oxide???
or Aluminum Oxide, I would think would be ok too.

or just the old fashion way....very fine sand! Thats always worked great! :spin:

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Play sand is what we use now.. Was thinking of trying to different sand to see how it turns out... Thanks. T

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tripage said:
Play sand is what we use now.. Was thinking of trying to different sand to see how it turns out... Thanks. T
To be honest.... I think thats all you realy need need....you can always give Aluminum Oxide a try to do a few passenger pegs and see how that turns out. But I think you will probably get about the same results.
Your stuff comes out great...so like the old saying goes "If it aint broke , dont fix it".....

IMO I think using the different medias would make more sense if you were doing an entire car or something of that nature.
For example...my father-in-law just had his 35 Chevy media blasted, came out awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts