Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, bear with me. 2007 600RR.

I wrecked about 10 months ago on the track and have been lazy about getting the bike back together. While I'm fixing the little stuff, I decide to do PAIR removal since I have the plates. I remove the hoses and pop out all 4 reed valves and baffles. I tossed it all because why would I keep it around?

Okay, so months later it's all back together and I'm letting it idle in the driveway to make sure it doesn't catch on fire or something crazy. I put it in gear on stands for a bit to run wax through the chain. While I'm checking out my new Gilles chain adjusters, I hear some light metal sounds and this falls out of the bottom of the fairings (bike is full dressed):

It's a reed valve. Why on earth would I have left it sitting on the valve cover? It couldn't have popped out of the PAIR system since it's blocked off... am I crazy? Someone please tell me there's no where else on the bike these are used so I can stop freaking out that I did something to cause this thing to pop off the engine. I have no clue why I would leave loose parts sitting on the engine, but I'm hoping that's what happened here... thanks.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah bike seems fine. The only way I can imagine it went down, is you pry these things out with a screwdriver, I guess it popped out and I thought it hit the ground but maybe it got hung up on the headers or something. Crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts