Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

This doesn't really affect most y'all on this forum but it does affect a lot of us, motorcycle riders, who love riding at the track. Texas World Speedway, TWS, has been up for plans for demolition to build a residential area and I would greatly appreciate your help in signing this petition form below. These plans greatly affect us in our area, especially the CMRA racers, as this is one of the most popular tracks in Texas and frequently raced on during the season. If it's gone, we will have less tracks to ride and resort to lesser quality tracks (even though all Texas tracks aren't that great). It's a historical track that used to be a NASCAR track and brought a lot of motorsports enthusiasts down here to the south.

As a fellow bike lover, sign the petition please! We need a lot of signatures. The email you use will need to be confirmed in order for your signature to count.

trying to get the big boys involved like Colin Edwards, Shea Fouchek, Kevin Schwantz...etc.

http://soonerbillz.com/SaveTWS/?p=5

thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Signed, and posted on all my social media. Hoping my other racing buddies will help out to.

Reactions: lefu

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Please share to your friends who not only ride but also those who take their cars to the track as well.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love that place. I have no idea how many laps I've done there, or how many nights I spent in the paddock in my little dome tent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shared and spreading the word!
I live in College Station (23 yrs and no plan of leaving) and the last thing we need is to destroy something this amazing to make room for more houses. I personally want to see TWS grow and be put to use year round. Have the TX2K roll races out there was amazing! So if we can nip this "housing development" in the bud, we should also get everyone to help stimulate that place to what it used to be!!

-Thanks and Gig'Em

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
done.....hope it is kept as a track instead of "developed"

be interested in finding out the political/social connections between "developer" and "city officials"

Always some skeletons in those closets....

·
Registered
106 Posts
As much as this petition may make you feel good, what is going to come of it? I understand wanting to keep your home track and it's always a bummer to lose something like this but typing your name onto an electronic petition isn't going to do a darn thing... It's up to the owners of the land/track and they are clearly getting a better deal elsewhere.

I don't mean to be a naysayer but I just don't see the point...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Is the track for sale? Looks like an opportunity to make a motorcycle/racing community. Like the equestrian communities. Take the land that the track is on and sell it in tracks and build houses on them. They get special rates to the track just like people do to golfing communities. Haven't been to the track but if there is enough land that would be perfect!!!!!

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
As much as this petition may make you feel good, what is going to come of it? I understand wanting to keep your home track and it's always a bummer to lose something like this but typing your name onto an electronic petition isn't going to do a darn thing... It's up to the owners of the land/track and they are clearly getting a better deal elsewhere.

So don't sign it, and move along. I don't see a point to you posting.

·
Registered
89 Posts

"50% of something is better than 100% of nothing."

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

When the new owners bought the track, they left empty promises of improving the track but we haven't seen any progress. It's the only track that charged entrance fees and overnight parking fees "contributing towards the TWS funds" but yet nothing was done to improve the cracks except sealant patches that are slick. This track is no doubt beat up which is why we race knowing where the "high side risk spots" are. Talk about a safe track hah. But we love this track and it used to be one of the fastest tracks in the nation. Turn 1 is literally the scariest, yet most fun turns in Texas. Look it up on a map and you'll see why.

In reality, this petition is probably going to do nothing. I did not start it but I hope that the owners will see how much it means to the racing community to keep the history of this track around. I just want someone to tear it down and rebuild the track. Not some stupid residential neighborhood. College Station is growing so I don't have a doubt that the owners will sell the land. It sucks, but it's reality

1 - 20 of 25 Posts