Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There she sat in silver with Chrome rims. I usually despise chrome on sport bikes, but this seemed to work. I once thought it would take an act of God for me to buy a Kawasaki, but the 2003 yer has changed my opinion.

·
Registered
544 Posts
looks nice yes. but quality? um....yes but not that of Honda or Yamaha. But i would definelty get that over a gsx-r!!! just my opinion??

·
Registered
356 Posts
After having the RR, I can't look at those old school swing arms with no bracing without thinking that they must flex like spaghetti....

·
Registered
618 Posts
I agree with deathstar about the quality. Also, that bike looks good... but not nearly as good as the RR. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
233 Posts
well the rr was rated first overall for a reason
second with a 636 you can race with the 750 cause its not a 600,they have a 600rr
and third it looks like crap next to a rr
but I had a post with them near giving the bike away 6300us
I wish honda made bikes that didnt sell
then I could get a deal

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
they look ok, there are a ton of them on base here... same as gixxers - flooding the market. i'm tired of seeing them everywhere, but it is nice to know i have a "rare" bike around here.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You would not believe this dealership. In the showroom sat the 04 Red/Bck 600rr. Still covered in the shipping slime that they come out of the crate in. It was hideous. Next to that was the Kawasaki and on the other side an 04 R6 (Blck w/ silver flames).

My impressions while looking at all three were:
R6 - Although pretty, it looks like a toy next to the ZXR and RR. The black stantion tubes on the fork do nothing for me.
ZX6R - Very muscular looking. The snorkel, USD Forks and Radial brakes look very tough. The subframe is mostly exposed and I like the minimal look.
600RR - Although she looks very refined (like the R6) It just seems to have too much plastic while sitting next to the Kawi.

The 600rr next to the ZX6R reminds me of the 954 and the RC51.
The 600rr reminds me of an old corvette. Sleek, pretty and capable.
The ZX6R reminds me of the old Camaro's. Not a pretty, but mean and strong.

I believe most all the new 600s are better than me. It just comes down to which one gives me the biggest boner. I do not plan to make a purchase until 05 so I can see the new changes to the Honda and Yamaha. If I purchase soomer it will be dependent on me selling my RC. Which I currently do not plan on doing.

U

·
0 Posts
Those extra cc's bump you for insurance coverage. It gets nasty once you pass 600cc's. Take that into consideration Mike.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The extra cc's shouldn't do much to your insurance. 550-749cc will run about the same. If thats not the case and your still concerned about ccs, get the zx6rr (a true 599cc). Its the bike Kawi races. Anyway, the fit and fininish of the Kawi is nowhere close to the Honda or even the R6 for than matter. Go sit on one in the showroom. Press on the plastic, move it around. You'll hear and feel pieces move that you don't with the Honda. Don't get caught up on the inverted forks and radial mount brakes. Performance wise on the 600s there is really no need and really no dicernable difference. Good marketing and percieved performance are why they're so hot. It is a sexy bike though. I like the front end. I think it looks like a shark.

·
Registered
448 Posts
A guy I always ride with bought his when I got my RR, he's kwaki mad hence the main reason he bought it. He reckons the suspension is the bikes ultimate flaw for the road. Perfect for race, but after a couple of hours on our normal country run he's always complaining that it's too hard. remmeber he's nearly had this bike 10 months and has tried tweaking it to suite. I really like the 636 apart from it's low tech swingarm and subframe in comparison to the RR. R6 needs a good workover as there 10 a penny. I've got an RR VS 636 article somewhere!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
corner worker, I have not checked for this year, however, last year I believe the 636 was CCS and WERA legal as the rules used to allow for 640ccs. I am not positive on that, but fairly certain.
As for percieved performance, I will not even go there as I do not see any mortal maxing out the limits of any new 600.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just wait till the '05. All the bikes (600cc) will probably get an overhaul (except Zuki). Wait to see what new goodies and refinements the new generation brings. :D

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
The 636 has a stomping motor. Pick one up used. Their resale value is poo. They seem to be selling for $1000 - $1500 less than RR's around here. Make sure to add a steering damper. A buddy of mine has one and it's a twitchy bugger. Pretty harsh suspension on the street too, IMHO. It certainly looks unique, so you either love it or hate it...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hrvat2 said:
Just wait till the '05. All the bikes (600cc) will probably get an overhaul (except Zuki). Wait to see what new goodies and refinements the new generation brings. :D
THis is my intent. However, we all know boys and toys do not equal rational/mature decisions. Yes, every two years the bikes are better, but I am still the same rider.

Maybe I should go get a hurricane 600!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts