Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i think think my blue and silver 2007 would look nice with a silver swing arm instead of black my question is what would be the best way to accomplish this? can i just sand blast it and be good or is there a clear coat i need to put on it or should i look into buying a silver swing arm from another model year? im pretty strapped for cash at the moment especially with christmas on its way.
thanks.
also if anyone has any pictures of a silver/blue with a silver swing arm can you direct me to it, i been looking for some pics to see how i like it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well I want a black one!! I was going to powder coat mine, I guess you could just have it striped. I don't think there's any protective coating on mine, looks just like bare aluminum. Where are you located? Maybe we could trade??

Sent while commiting a felony.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you blast it you definitely want to coat it! Although its aluminum and doesn't "rust" it still corrodes, and its corrosion(like a pitted white ash look) looks pretty nasty!

Sent from my iPhone25S(27ft by2.5in screen)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i live in pittsburgh.... one big reason i even thought of it is the previous owner dropperd it and there are some scrapes that drive me crazy. its almost like if your girlfriend would have a tattoo her ex's initials. ive gotten rid of all his remnants of the drop except this and it just so happens i think the silver would look good with the silver & blur of the body.... i dont know what the cost to ship a swing arm is but i would imagine pretty healthy.

what would i buy to coat it?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the best "photo shopping" i can do in the way of a side by side

and one of my bike

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you blast it you definitely want to coat it! Although its aluminum and doesn't "rust" it still corrodes, and its corrosion(like a pitted white ash look) looks pretty nasty!

Sent from my iPhone25S(27ft by2.5in screen)
:+1: i learned that lesson

·
Registered
262 Posts
Its funny, the guys with black swingarms want the silver ones, and vice versa. :banger:

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
dont think ive seen a silver blue w sillver SA. Id def pc (shoot Tripage a pm) although he's in Flordia so shipping might be high? the marks would def bother me as well. Option B for you can always be find a replacement oem in good cond. Also if you do go w a silver SA id def get the silver lowers ;)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Its funny, the guys with black swingarms want the silver ones, and vice versa. :banger:
My black swingarm ain't goin' nowhere. Don't particularly like Honda's mixmatching of frames and swingarms in recent years. black/silver, silver/black, just make them the same color. *shrug* that blue/silver is the only mixed set that looks good because there's a lot of silver already on the bike.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The silver looks a lot more balanced for sure.
most of the silver trim on mine is gone too so i think it would look cool with it. where the heat shields for the exhaust & tail section is all gone.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont think ive seen a silver blue w sillver SA. Id def pc (shoot Tripage a pm) although he's in Flordia so shipping might be high? the marks would def bother me as well. Option B for you can always be find a replacement oem in good cond. Also if you do go w a silver SA id def get the silver lowers ;)
i want to pick up silver lowers in the future like spring or next summer. i trired to take my lowers off to do my sliders and theres one bolt thats on there that i couldnt get out and thats going to be an issue. my god father has a sandblaster and powercoater so ill see if i can take that route if possible. ive seen swing arms for $75 shipped but all black & i dont know what years are interchangeable. but for $75 ill buy the whole thing and change it out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts