Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I answered an internet classified add for an 05 1000 RR for 3 grand. The "seller" directed me to transfer funds to a third party shipper to be held for escrow until I received the bike. The website that he directed me to Total Freight Logistics seemed very real and was well put together. It directed me to wire transfer the money via Western Union to the UK. I received an invoice and everything.

It didnt add up and I began checking. The add and the company are bogus. I found out that several people have been scammed out of 3 grand this way. Luckily I didnt bite.

If you come across anything like this BEWARE

I contacted the site and they removed the ad and inactivated the fradulent account.

·
Registered
962 Posts
If its too good to be true... it is. Never ever send money. Ever! always in person

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello my name is John I am selling 500 lbs. of pure gold for $100 please to forward receiving funds to escrow in Bank of Nigeria account #5567893200. I await your response and look foward to transaction of ease.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
My Name Is Mr Onkunda from the Royal Petroleum Company Mr Gator recently passed away and left a large sum to you as his heir, a Billion USD. all you need to do is pay 1% taxes to secure your funds from the government of Nigeria please send me your name number, social, bank accounts and mother's maiden name

·
Registered
254 Posts
Never buy a bike without looking at it first. If you can't look at it, don't buy it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My Name Is Mr Onkunda from the Royal Petroleum Company Mr Gator recently passed away and left a large sum to you as his heir, a Billion USD. all you need to do is pay 1% taxes to secure your funds from the government of Nigeria please send me your name number, social, bank accounts and mother's maiden name

Haha Ive seen those so many times, I try to entice them by giving them basic (fake) info at first and leading them on, it's fun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha i have seen these so many times...it amazes me that people actually fall for these scams. Anyone read the story about that 23yr old who spent over 300grand to recieve one of those "Nigerian rich guy left you money when he died" scams, makes me wonder how people dont have enough common sense to realize that its a scam. :headscrat

·
Registered
154 Posts
Usually the scammer will own the website to which he is referring you to. So you go to the website thinking its a legit business, enter your credit information, then BOOM! The scammer has your name, address, credit info, etc. Suckers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Haha i have seen these so many times...it amazes me that people actually fall for these scams. Anyone read the story about that 23yr old who spent over 300grand to recieve one of those "Nigerian rich guy left you money when he died" scams, makes me wonder how people dont have enough common sense to realize that its a scam. :headscrat
I think they honestly try to make the price so stupidly low that any intelligent person would immediately see it's a scam. That way it filters out people that would waste the scammer's time. If they listed it at a price that was normal they would get a much lower percentage of suckers responding.
This way the only people that contact the scammer have to either be stupid, or have no clue what a bike is worth and are too lazy to do any research before they purchase something. Either one of those is a good scam target.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My brother did go threw it a few years back. He sent 2k to this guy in germany to ship this bike. Come to find out it was this big scam and my brother talked to the fbi and stuff but they never caught him. I told him he deserved it for sending money w/o inspecting the bike in person 1st.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hate those f**** thieves, I was selling some stuff and they sent me this cashiers check with like $3,500 over of my asking price, he told me that the extra was for the shipping company that worked for him and gave some instructions to western union the rest of the money.
I deposited in my account and check cleared in about 15 days, but I wanted to wait longer to make sure that the check was good, and sure enough 3 days later the fu*** bank returns the bad check.
Thanks god I never sent the stuff to the guy, neither the money. He was all like, send me my money or I will call FBI and sh***. I took the check to LAPD and gave them all the communication proof and info I had from the guy.
Then I went to my bank and ask them why in the world in took them 15 days to clear a check that they would categorize as bad 3 days later, I would have been screwed if I wouldn't have been suspicious about it.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
^^ Ive got the same thing when selling things that get posted on bed sores like ebay and CL.
I love hearing this...
When I emailed Captain Joe Mugabe he said the bike should have been here by now, when I called the phone #.. the phone had been disonnected. Darnitall

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's good you didn't get caught by this scam, but I mean come ON man? You didn't think that was a scam from the very first second?

craigslist is the worst for this sort of crap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I wanted to believe it wasn't, but that's why I took some precautions before ditching the money or my stuff.
It's sad to see how those thieves actually get some people's hard earned money or send them to financial ruin.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello my name is John I am selling 500 lbs. of pure gold for $100 please to forward receiving funds to escrow in Bank of Nigeria account #5567893200. I await your response and look foward to transaction of ease.
Haha. Yeah, watch out for scams. I get excited and forget to check up on stuff a lot - only did that once though. AND it was for a fake ID when I was like 15 -- so I was a moron lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts