Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this email I got yesterday from an "Ebay Seller" when I asked about a 1000 RR and an 04 R1 for sale. I know I read about this before on some threads but couldn't find it. What do you all think about it. Hot or What!(stolen)

Hello there,

Thanks for your email.
First of all I want to thank you for contact me and your interest in my
bikes. I know that are numerous offers on eBay and I'm glad that you choose
to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.
I have for sale 2 bikes:
2004 Yamaha YFZ R1 400 miles for 3400 US $.
2004 Honda CBR 1000 RR 960 miles for 3300 US $

I am a private seller not a shop and I have (for the moment) the privilege
to buy these items for low cost so that you have the opportunity to purchase
from me a great saving from the original price.
Each bike is like new, completely working,low miles with two years EXTENDED,
INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty and will be honored at any dealer in
your country. The bikes are US models with US specs and passed the US test
emissions. All the manuals and the original documentation are written in
eight languages. You will receive your bike in 4-5 working days by Lufthansa
at your home address. It is insured in case of damage and it take 4-5 days
to be delivered at your DOOR. The title is clear and you will register it in
your country. I send all my items having written on them ''gift'' so you
don't have to pay any additional taxes. I will send you the item with all
the papers (warranty, insurance etc. ...) .
The shipping costs and the insurance taxes of the package will be down to me
and you only pay for the money transfer commission when you wire the funds,
which is about 4% from the total amount sent. The unit is being shipped from
Greece and you wont have to pay for customs or any additional taxes when it
arrive in your country. There may be some customs for you to pay, but if you
wish we can avoid them: you'll declare you send money to a friend and I will
declare the shipping as a gift/donation.

Please let me know if you are interested and which bike do you want and I
will provide you further information to purchase the bike asap.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Paul

PS: If you are interested in a package deal I will make you an iresistible
offer:the total price for both bikes is 6300 US $

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**** guys... I wasn't going to fall for it, just thought it was funny as **** that people do this ****. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
29 Posts
But I want a brand new 1000rr for 3300!! I agree scam, but man would it be sweet if he delivered bike before the payment. Just look at the crappy grammer. If you can't speak/write proper english I don't do business with you. All this scam does is make me drool at the "what if" thought. That is why as stupid as they are they still sometimes succeed with people who let that drooling overcome common sense.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
yeah this is a scam. he'll claim to be from Europe probably, so he can sell them in US and stay away from the law. heh we should all email him and ask for pics of the VIN's, see what he says. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
932 Posts
I can't believe that someone is actually going to fall for this. Sad...yes...but you know there is a sucker out there who will be out several thousands of dollars. :roll:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I asked one of those guys for the VIN of the bike and he said he doesn't give out VIN to his bikes, Also that no one else gives VIN to bikes on ebay when they sell them. then he went on to tell me how iwas stupid for asking blha blah blah.. i thought it was funny

·
Registered
178 Posts
i Started seeing these scams in ebay about 8 o 10 months ago on ebay. I use ebay all the time and i check out alot of the bikes that are put there.....These guys are complete scams. I bet that atleast more than 20 people have fallen for these deals. It would be great if you could really buy this but its true what one of the other 600rr members wrote, they sell them from europe, like that they cant get caught up.......US dont give a damn even for all scams that are here in the U.S.

O well, Some people fall harder on These scams. I got Scamed for about 130 dollars for an Xbox on Ebay like 2 years ago, only time i got scammed but i ended up getting two times my money back. I sent the guy tons of letters, emails stating that i was going to be in the area and since i had his address i had my cousin stop by and talk to them that were going to be taking them to court......jus trying to get my money back, wasnt really going to take them to court, and since paypal has a money back guarantee i got paid twice......lucky me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
escrow services are not good unless u have used a certain one before--before the deal. I was checking out a scamer and he actaully built a fake escrow site which looked legit.. then asked to use it cos hes familar with it... play on ur own terms not theres

but hey, ask for more info see how far they are willing to go... u can always track their ip which is fun

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
havoc said:
I did that once....it was really fun busting on him. He claimed to be in Italy but his IP was coming from SOuth CArolina. Hmmmm.... :lol2:
Not unless he is smart enough to spoof his IP.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I literally had to weed through about 8 different scams like this on ebay and cycletrader before I found a real deal on my bike. Im sure some poor suckers have probably sent their hard earned cash to these foreign hilljacks. One deal was $4900 for a brand new 03 including shipping from greece.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
What are you kidding me!!??!?! DELETE!

First off all, he's talking like a foreign salesman right off the bat. And the prices are ridiculous! :lol2: :lol2:

2004 Honda CBR 1000 RR 960 miles for 3300 US $
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts