Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've posted on numerous sites/forums advertising my brother's Ninja 250 he wants to sell. This suspicious individual has been in contact with me through e-mail and he seems a little fishy - kind of like a scammer to me. Tell me what ya think:

hello seller,
i am maxwell malone from manchester and i came accross your advert on the internet that you are willing to sell your 2004 Ninja 250 - MINT so i will like to know the last selling price and its present condition and if there is any pic available i will like to see it so kindly mail me if it is still available for sale. awaiting to read from you soonest

Hello seller,
Thanks for the mail , the price is okay by my client and i am ready to purchase from you immediately, i will offer you $2600 for the 2004 Ninja 250 - MINT, and i want you to delete the ad from the website,i have a reputable frieight forwarder that will take care of shipping from your end i want to let you know i have an associate in the usa that is oweing me a sum of $7000 , i will instruct him to issue you a cheque on my behalf and as soon as the cheque arrives, you hold out your amount and send the difference to my shipper for the pick up in your place, i hope i can trust you for my balance and also you will be contacting my frieight forwarder with all neccesary information needed for pick up in your place i.e the actual weight and exact dimension of the 2004 Ninja 250 - MINT. if this terms are okay by you, do get back to me with the following details.
Full Name on cheque...
Home Address..
State...
Zipcode..
.Country...
Telephone Number...
Mobilephone number...
Your fast responesd will be highly appreciated

Don't worry . . . I wasn't stupid enough to give him any of this information. I haven't even replied to the last e-mail because it just seems bogus.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Typical SCAM. If you can't meet face to face with a buyer/seller, never do a transaction. IF they won't come over to meet you, tell them NO sale and move on. Luckily, you didn't fall for this one, but there are peeps that aren't as fortunate/smart and do it anyways.

If you really want to sell the bike, tell him to western union you the cash and then see what he says. We need to use their own tools of operation against them but NEVER give them ANY of your info—Good thing you didn't do that anyways.

Good luck selling the bike.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I'm not all up on the selling/buying stuff over the internet, especially somethin like a motorcycle, until I actually see the bike/person face to face

Think I should reply to him?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I say scam. I got the same emails 2 years ago when I sold my R6. I just recently got another one from them, and the bike sold 2 years ago! I tried emailing them, but got the same response each time (A repeat of the original offer).

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
erw43 said:
It's a scam, but if he insist tell him to send the money and once everything has cleared (his cheque AKA check) and you have the money in your hands then you will release the bike and title.

then you will probably not hear from him again....and all the better.
I would be careful about this as well. Some high end scams actually involve a money order that appear to clear and your bank doesn't catch it for a few days. Once they do they will come looking for their money.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Dills said:
yeah I'm not all up on the selling/buying stuff over the internet, especially somethin like a motorcycle, until I actually see the bike/person face to face

Think I should reply to him?
No. I would just ignore any further e-mails.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
it is a scam, ignore him. You get the money send him the bike and the rest of the money. His check is no good then you are out a bike and cash.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If you have to question it then its a scam.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts