Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This was two days after i picked her up...

This was after my buddy got her destroyed (backed his car into it and it tipped over...) Needless to say that we were both short in cash so we decided to turn her into a stunt bike until we could afford to fix her up right.

Now its time to get it done right.

After disassembly... took off plastics, rearsets, rims and swingarm

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics of my room... after dissemble. haha

This pic shows the custom flush mounts we built after he destroyed where i could mount them.

I though maybe someone might enjoy this picture... its my attempt at being able to put everything back together. There snack bags with bolts... every bag having something different it puts together haha:toothy4:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the first thing i've gotten in the mail...

Some parts from Samurai87... thanks very much

Next thing i got was a complete bolt kit from BikeBolts.com it came quickly and has everything you could ever need.

The mods that were on the bike prior were the custom flushmounts and the Yoshi slip on.

The swingarm, Rearsets, Passenger Pegs, and Wheels are currently getting powdercoated.

The next thing im waiting for is the ASV levers and Sprocket Kit i purchased from Disco during is Chrismas Sale and i Cant wait. :five:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets get some better picks up! And a list of parts

Looks like a yoshi slip and a new elka rear shock and the rest i cant tell haha
Yeah definitely the yoshi slip on but not the shock... cant afford that much im running on my buddies bill but he decided to go above and beyond what he'd done if i did all the labor myself. Haha yeah the bag technic did get a bit old quickly but it hoepfully will make my life easier in the future

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And i bet ThoroughBred is going to be the only person who knows who this is but im getting the paint redone at O'Grady's by a guy named Jamie. He does some stellar work for very affordable prices.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good work with the bagi technique, i got a good 100 - 150 bolts and nuts in similar little bags myself right now. Although i did take the time to label each bag as to what part it reassembles. Keep us updated man.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
And i bet ThoroughBred is going to be the only person who knows who this is but im getting the paint redone at O'Grady's by a guy named Jamie. He does some stellar work for very affordable prices.

Jamies work is bad ass! Awesome guy too. Helped me out alot with tips when i was painting my track fairings. Your bike is gonna look bananas with O'grady paint thats for sure.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jamies work is bad ass! Awesome guy too. Helped me out alot with tips when i was painting my track fairings. Your bike is gonna look bananas with O'grady paint thats for sure.
Yeah i hope so haha. I've worked with him a bit but he is by far the best job for the price. I got quoted by some other companies and they just dont compare. He does an amazing job for a unbeatable price.

Looks like im getting my ASV's and Sprocket Kit tomorrow. Thanks Disco!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I see you've got the swingarm off, you having it powdercoated or something?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see you've got the swingarm off, you having it powdercoated or something?
Yeah its being powdercoated with a high gloss black... it should be back within the next two weeks.

I have seen someone with a magicalracing frame cover that was carbon fibre... i think i may cheat and get that and get it painted a gloss black to make it look powdercoated haha. Way less time consuming then taking the frame off. Updates to come

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeah its being powdercoated with a high gloss black... it should be back within the next two weeks.

I have seen someone with a magicalracing frame cover that was carbon fibre... i think i may cheat and get that and get it painted a gloss black to make it look powdercoated haha. Way less time consuming then taking the frame off. Updates to come
Not a bad idea, fast easy and probably not much more expensive than PC. So i just yanked my swingarm and am prepping for PC and haven't even looked at the bearings, was it a pain in the @ss to pull those? Any tips and or advice? Thanks man.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not a bad idea, fast easy and probably not much more expensive than PC. So i just yanked my swingarm and am prepping for PC and haven't even looked at the bearings, was it a pain in the @ss to pull those? Any tips and or advice? Thanks man.
I followed the manual word for word pretty much... one thing i was told though is not too expect to reuse the bearings. They said that from the impact of taking out the bearings it causes they's small imperfections in them and can cause you alot of problems later. One thing that i did do is create a drive socket... i simply reversed a socket and found the screw that fit in it and then basically pounded on the end with a hammer. Worked really good but i wont expect to reuse the socket (haha took it back on warranty) or the bearings with this method. Hope this helps :toothy4:

·
Registered
599 Posts
If i understand correctly you used the sleeve that sits inside the bearings to knock them
out by simply turning it around backwards and pounding it out? Just out of curiosity how
do you plan to get the new bearings back in w/o damaging them as well. If i had to
guess they probably won't go in any easier than they came out.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If i understand correctly you used the sleeve that sits inside the bearings to knock them
out by simply turning it around backwards and pounding it out? Just out of curiosity how
do you plan to get the new bearings back in w/o damaging them as well. If i had to
guess they probably won't go in any easier than they came out.

No No No... sorry for the confusion. I used a socket... cant remember which one like a 17mm or something like that... turned it around and found a bolt that hooks into it and pounded into it. Not a very practical way but cheap. No i plan on having a dealer put them back in. That way i have a guarantee that they will be put back in correctly (or its there fault haha)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad to see you're posting the build up :) I'm going to be cleaning up my cbr in the next few months since the previous owner thrashed it up pretty good at the track. It's nice to have some inspiration!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Rock on, i got what you did now. That's probably what i will end up doing, well thanks
for the tips and good luck with your build man.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts