Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use these?

I've been kicking around the idea of using the DirecTalk feature on my Nextel i870, since apparently it has a 6 mile range, with a Rocketmate setup, which basically plugs into the phone, and has a handlebar mounted PTT button, dual helmet speakers and noise cancelling mic.

I've used Collett communicators for snowmobile communications in the past, but the group that I ride with doens't want to spend $190 on them. These only have about a 1/4 mile range, but work really good as long as you can see the other guy.

Any thoughts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I noticed in the motor cyclist magazine that Dainese made a new helmet with blue tooth in it so it just works like a wireless earpiece but with speakers in your helmet. I think it was around $600. If you have that much to blow to talk to your girlfriend while riding.

·
Registered
254 Posts
there are a lot of companies coming out with Bluetooth helmets (BMW, Momo, etc.)... but you could also check out Scala Rider (addon bluetooth headste/mic for helmets). However, I'm not sure the Nextel i870 supports PTT with bluetooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts