Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so my fiance is set on getting one i was trying to convince her to get a > 08 ninja 250 so i can have some fun on it too but her heart is set on a scooter but i ve never owned one and dont know who owns, do any of you guys know whats good whats not and all the goes with it, thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
i would say try to get her to like sport bikes more.
sport bike chick > girl on a scooter.
but if she doesn't dig the 250s, let her get what shes happy with so she will actually ride it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trust me i tried maybe when she gets the itch with the scooter maybe will get her a 250, the problem with sport bikes is she is 5 feet 100lbs so the only sport that she can barley stand on is a 250

·
Registered
991 Posts
I will admit that I have ridden a few scooters. For the most part you cant go wrong mechanically. They are comfy, user friendly, and move you from A to B. Personally I dont mind them if it was just me but the idea of being around cars scares the piss out of me. Also, I dont like having my legs together with nothing to hug with my knees. Because of that, I dont feel like they are safe in traffic, they dont respond as quickly as a bike. When I used to live out in the woods we had one to ride down the dirt road to get the mail (box was about 300 yards away) and it was fun. My wife kinda wanted one and I told her flat out no, unless we live somewhere away out in the middle of nowhere. And in no circumstances would we ever take it on the freeway. They are good machines, and if you live in a small town with 25 mph speed limits on your way to the local bakery then go for it. If you live in a big city where you are fighting with the crazies I wouldn't recommend it.

There is my input, do with it what you will.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
haha nah not for I

1 - 12 of 12 Posts