Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a funny conversation with my coworker yesterday. He was asking about how motorcyclists wave to each other. Then he asked me if I waved to people on scooters. You know, I really had to think. I have seen on scooter while I was on my bike but I was going through an intersection so I didn't wave. More than that though I glanced at him and he was looking at my bike with a penis envy stare. I thought it was funny.

I dunno, i thought I would ask you all. Do you all wave to scooterists?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Maybe.................

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
some of the scooters nowadays look so much like sport bikes from the front that its hard to tell. I usually play it safe and wave regardless.... dont wanna seem like an ass....

Unless she's hot, then I wave even if shes walking

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i only wave til someone gives me the wave. personally i think if your a dude teens-mid 30s on a scooter, your a pansy. male that is. chicks on scooters are startin to turn me on lol

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Unless she's hot, then I wave even if shes walking

LOL!!!! Or a quick beep-beep....

I wave to anyone on 2 wheels, unless traffic's heavy and cagers are doing stupid crap

·
Registered
579 Posts
i only wave til someone gives me the wave. personally i think if your a dude teens-mid 30s on a scooter, your a pansy. male that is. chicks on scooters are startin to turn me on lol
youve never seen them without a helmet have you?

I too dont wave till someone else does. I find that you get a free attitude and the immediate too cool, too tough status when you buy a Harley. I never wave at those asshats.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't wave to scooter d00ds, I will to scooter chicks though. LOL!

(I'm not a complete @ss, I'll wave back or nod in response if they wave to me first, but that's never happened I think most either don't know about the wave or are too embarrassed (if the rider is a d00d) to wave in the first place.)

·
Registered
248 Posts
It depends.... Sometimes I see scooters who are rockin the DUI mobiles.... 65 year old guys goin whaaaaaaaaaaaa and like 30 miles an hour.... I don't bother to wave to those guys, they're not payin any attention anyway...

+ 1 to jlh42581 as far as Harleys go... man sometimes I wave to guys on Harleys and just cruisers in particular and all they do is just stare you down, they are too cool to wave to guys on sport bikes... Idk what's up with the too tough to wave status of Harley guys though, are they jealous cuz RRs can outhandle and outrun them or somethin? Not to mention ladies love the sport bikes? I mean I have seen some women that ride on the back of Harleys, and I really wish they would wear helmets... Not for their safety, jus so they could hide their ugly faces... ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
yea some harley dudes are cool, but the majority can lick my ma scrotum mayne! yea, you can only judge chicks by their body when they have a lid. i try not to look at chicks walkin down the street either. even at stoplights i dont look any where but my mirrors and straight ahead. maybe a glance when i first stop besidee someone. love my mirrored visor, no one can see me!

·
Registered
233 Posts
guys, it's just a wave.
wave to everyone on 2 wheels. you might make someone's day.

I even wave to cops o_O. Most of them don't flinch, but who cares. The ones that wave back are cool.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
I wave at almost anyone, but got surprised yesterday when some dude on a Harley with huge ape-hanger bars gave me a big wave FIRST.

I was stunned, lol.

he was clearly on someone elses bike, and not yet accustomed to the "laws" of harley riderz...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I wave at all riders. Doesn't matter what type of ride they are on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't even waste my time on Harley's, but everyone else gets a handout, or at least a nod given the situation...

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Haha, I won't wave a scooters....sorry but just no. If i can, I do wave at most motorcycles i see. But sometimes i just don't feel like waving.

I live just outside the city limits of Ann Arbor and it's mostly older people on scooters. But I was shocked the other day when i saw some guy riding a scooter with his kid standing in front of him going down the road. It just reminded me of those stupid parents that have there kid on there lap when mowing lawn. And the next thing you know that kid falls off and gets run over and now has missing parts.

·
Registered
293 Posts
haha wow this thread is perfect for my story....

the other day i was just on a little bike ride and i was coming up on a intersection and a guy on a scooter was coming up in the on coming lane. he was checking my bike out so much that he ran into the car in front of him stopped at a red light. I know its mean for me to say but i laughed a little bit. he didnt hit it very hard and he was fine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
oh and if a guy on a scooter waves at me i will wave back. but i dont initiate the wave... now when i am on campus and its a girl i will for sure be the one to wave first and maybe even pop a wheelie..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts