Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice a tremendous increase in scooter usage in there area? I rarely see them wearing a helmet and never see any more gear that that. You know they have little to no training and feel fine at a top speed of 37 mph. I have a prediction that motorcycle accidents are about to rise and the fatality rate will too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have noticed, probably because of the price spike in gas 2 summers ago. I dont think that the accidents can be attributed to motorcycles though, unless the scooter involved has a bigger than 50cc engine, which most dont (I think).

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I saw some woman on the highway with one of those monstrous scooters tooling along at 60mph with a sofa throw on her to keep warm a few winters ago. One of the stupidest things I ever saw.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have noticed an increase, and as far as I know NC has now mandated that scooters be registered. So now they have to pay state taxes like the rest of us. Don't know if they are classified as a motorcycle or not, but if they are, I agree w/ you that there will be an increase in motorcycle accidents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts