Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Nice!!!! Wish I knew how to play one as well.

Shortly after I moved to the Twin Cities one of the guys I work with brought me to Willies American Guitars during lunch one day. I've played a few "real" vintage guitars but nothing really truly valuable. So we're looking around and these guys have REAL vintage sweethearts: 3 or 4 '50's Les Paul's, several older Telecasters and Strats and they have this '62 sunburst strat in almost immaculate shape for $34k hanging on the wall. My absolute dream guitar. So I point to it, tell friend one day I'd love to play one just to feel it between my fingers but for something that costs more than (at the time) everything I own I'd be afraid to touch it and I wonder would it really sound different than a custom shop reissue (which I've owned).

Guy behind the counter overhears me, reaches behind him, grabs the guitar, grabs a pick, hands me both and says "there's a REAL Twin Reverb in the left corner of the shop plugged in and warmed up, go have fun" and smiles. I've never been so scared and excited at the same time, that thing was AMAZING to play and sounded incredible. There is a vibe to these old instruments that you just can't get today. No idea what it is but I'm betting this one will be just like it.

Congrats!!!

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would LOVE to be able to afford a pre-CBS Strat and Tele. '59 Les Pauls are nearing a million bucks now, just insane.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts