Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF!!!
went to go do an experienced riders course today. When it was time to start my bike just wouldnt start!! I am fukin convinced that its the alarm on my bike thats draing my battery. Reading the "my bike wont start" posts makes me come to the conclusion that most bikes that wont start have an alarm system on it.

Is there anyway to have my scorpio alarm and my battery work at the same f'n time?

PLEASE HELP any suggestions??

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
if you have ignition kill option installed that might be the problem
you would know for sure if you try to start it and it wont
even though the battery got enough juice ( headlight working fine
and bright )then the ignition kill is the problem
Now if you do not have an ignition kill installed but your battery is dead
then try to charge it and see how long will it keep the charge

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the 3rd time in 6 mo that it has died. And there is no ignition kill installed.
the last time i charged it was last sunday.

im combing the net to see if anyone else has found a solution to this

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
alarms are famous for that the same thing use to happen with my car as well
i guess have a blinking led drains the battery

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
im still tring to figure out what the problem is. they said they are going to take it off then install it back to figure out what the problem is. i may just install it without the ignition kill.

·
Registered
643 Posts
bw1128 said:
im still tring to figure out what the problem is. they said they are going to take it off then install it back to figure out what the problem is. i may just install it without the ignition kill.
Did you ever call Aritronix?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh im trying to get a hold of them too. I actually bought mine from aritronix, there office is located here in phoenix. I just might have to go there and let them mess with it or even re install it for me which thet said that they could do there. Ill let everyone know how it turns out

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was considering getting the sr-i500 without the ignition kill, but all of your dead batteries scare me. How long are you away from the bike that the battery dies? Are the batteries dying over night or over the couse of a week or month?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Im going through the exact same problem. Battery died on me twice in the same month.

I would love to know if there's a solution tho.. we need alarms on our bikes!

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
I've had the SR-I500 for over a year and have never had any problems starting my bike. How often are you guys riding your bikes anyways??? Maybe it's just dying cuz you're not riding it enough?!?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea, I want to know that too. I am an everyday rider so as long as these batteries arent dying over night I'll be ok. How long is it in between rides for you guys with the dead batteries?

·
Registered
418 Posts
i let the bike sit about a week and the battery died for the first time (SR i500 installed - no ignition kill, no led) and since then it died when sitting shorter intervals. Its plugged into a battery tender now for the winter so we'll see. But your battery might be old too and just not carrying the same charge it used to. Combined with alarm, that could be your problem

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the sr-i500 installed on my 05 with ALL the options and I have never had any issues with it. The dealer installed it for me and they did not use the quick connect harness. They wired it directly and they said that's actually better (why I am not sure it was like a year ago) anyway no problems from this 05' :) Maybe it because i got the better Tribal one hahaha just kidding.... Talk to Airtronix they should be able to help you with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts