Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know a lot of people on this forum recommend the SR-i500, which has an FM pager for the alarm. On the Scorpio site there is another alarm, SR-i300 which seems to be the same thing as the SR-i500 just without the FM pager.

Besides that it seems to have all the bells and whistles, anyone buy this and install it? Heard anything about this? I was going to pick it up since its less then half the price of the SR-i500. What do you all think about this one??
:roll:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently there is a generic factory harness you can use that works for all bikes.

I am not too worried about splicing wires though, I have installed two previous wires on my two older bikes and those had NO instructions. So if I could do that, I can definitely do this!

I think I am going wit the SR-i300! The SR-i500 is way too much!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed the 500 in less than 1 hour. Took another 1/2 hout to adjust properly. It is the easiest alarm I have ever installed...only 4 wires to hookup and yes it comes with idiot proof instructions. Hardest part is finding a spot to mount the brain as there is not a lot of room. Luckily the 500's brain is very small....not so sure about the 300 though.

If you email or call 1-800-428-0440/[email protected], ususally either Greg or Avi respond. Both are great guys to talk to. Very helpful and will give you honest advise on your purchase.

I got the best deal buying directly from them....saved $160 (paid $299 + $18 shipping).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alarm, perimeter sensor, battery backup, generic harness for $299. I got in with some guys from the r-1 forum in a GB. I think Aritonix may still be offering a similar package for slightly more. You can check the r-1 forum for the details. Call aritronix, Greg and Avi are great to deal with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts