Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 600rr

I was out working on my bike and decided to take a few photos of the wiring for this write up. I have the standard alarm (no anti hijack or perimeter sensor)

I used the universal wire harness, the one that was supposed to be for honda sucked. The universal is extremly simple. It comes with 4 wires (orange, black, 2 grays)

Universal wire harness pictured below

left turn signal below. connect gray wire to the orange wire

right turn signal below. connect gray wire to blue wire. then connect black wire to green wire on the right turn signal for ground.

tail light connector below. connect the orange wire to the black wire with brown stripe.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Good write up. I would suggest rearranging it so the pictures are with the steps, just for readability. I didnt have any problems with my honda harness, other than the tail light connector was the same size as the turn signal ones, instead of slightly larger like the tail light.. I tried plugging it inline with the license plate light because the same wire is run to that also. Not sure if it works yet because I haven't started my bike up yet since before winter.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
my sis had the scorpion on her bike but it kept killin her battery. I even got her a battery tender and **** still kept dying the shop said its because she rides with high beams on, which she doesn't, and I do all the time. watch how your battery holds up with that alarm

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had the alarm since november, havent had any battery issues. i also ride with high beams on. i think it depends on how often you ride the bike.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Good write up. I would suggest rearranging it so the pictures are with the steps, just for readability. I didnt have any problems with my honda harness, other than the tail light connector was the same size as the turn signal ones, instead of slightly larger like the tail light.. I tried plugging it inline with the license plate light because the same wire is run to that also. Not sure if it works yet because I haven't started my bike up yet since before winter.
+1.. I plan on doing this install in a month.. So did you end up using the factory harness or the universal?

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"I used the universal wire harness, the one that was supposed to be for honda sucked. The universal is extremly simple. It comes with 4 wires (orange, black, 2 grays) "

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice write up. I've installed the Scorpio on both my 600RR and the girlfriends SV650S, using the Honda connectors on mine, and the universal connectors on hers. Both were easy and worked great.

The only complaint is how cheap the remotes are. I dropped mine once on the ground, and now it doesn't work. I have a garage now, so have been slacking on figuring out what the problem is, but we'll see. I called Scorpio and they said it's the battery, after I told them it worked perfect prior to dropping it. I'm guessing that's their generic answer.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The harness for the Honda does not suck. It's the best option if you want to install it in a matter of minutes. Everything was a snap, literally. Well worth the 20 bucks considering you don't have to tap into the stock wires to keep it untouched for when you want to remove it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
my sis had the scorpion on her bike but it kept killin her battery. I even got her a battery tender and **** still kept dying the shop said its because she rides with high beams on, which she doesn't, and I do all the time. watch how your battery holds up with that alarm

That's wierd. Mine never drained at all. I have left it in the garage for 2 weeks unridden and it started right up. I don't have a battery tender either. Is she arming the alarm when it's not necessary? For example, when I keep my bike in the garage, I don't arm it.

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the harness they sent me would not fit one of the plugs. it was wayyy too big for the tail light. i had to trash it. seriously, save the extra $10 and get the universal. it works just as well.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have the alarm with the perimenter sensor and it keeps draining my battery. I also have a battery tender and it keeps draining it. Also it won't start when I have the alarm installed except when I turn the kill switch off and on again. I took the alarm off and it starts up regular. This is all while arming and disarming about twice a day.

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just remove the perimeter sensor and see how it does. i think the perimeter sensor is a waste of money. who cares who is near your bike, the second it receives a shock the alarm is going to page you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
for some odd reason i have the scorpio alarm...with the perimeter sensor and so on...and i had everything working but i went out to start my bike up the next day and the battery was dead...so I unplugged the alarm and used the tender and everything was fine...im thinking about going out to try it again...

·
Registered
383 Posts
well the harness they sent me would not fit one of the plugs. it was wayyy too big for the tail light. i had to trash it. seriously, save the extra $10 and get the universal. it works just as well.

Did you plug it in to the correct one? I think you might be trying to plug one of the plugs into the tail light plugs when it's suppose to go to the license's plate plug.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
The perimeter sensor is the best thing that happened to a bike alarm. Ever wonder who touching your bike or sitting on it when it's out of your sight? I've walked out of stores and seen people sitting on my bike. This hasn't happened since the perimeter sensor is on the bike. what fool is going to sit on a bike while the thing chirps as you touch it. My Sensor isn't set really sensitive. so you really have to touch or almost touch the seat before it chirps.

Some day you might get someone sit on it and knock it over, then they might run like punks. You might want to reconsider the sensor.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The perimeter sensor is the best thing that happened to a bike alarm. Ever wonder who touching your bike or sitting on it when it's out of your sight? I've walked out of stores and seen people sitting on my bike. This hasn't happened since the perimeter sensor is on the bike. what fool is going to sit on a bike while the thing chirps as you touch it. My Sensor isn't set really sensitive. so you really have to touch or almost touch the seat before it chirps.

Some day you might get someone sit on it and knock it over, then they might run like punks. You might want to reconsider the sensor.
Agreed......

·
Registered
688 Posts
Anyone have any idea why my bike won't start until I turn the kill switch on and off? Is this happening to anyone else?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts