Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used bike a couple weeks ago and all is good except the scorpio i500 alarm system. Most of the time it works fine but a couple days ago I turned the alarm on before I went to bed and in the morning the remote would not disarm the system. I tilted the bike and the alarm went off and it paged my remote so I know the remote and alarm are still talking to each other. The remote notified me but I still could not disarm the alarm. I had to search the bike for the actual alarm module and had to disconnect all of the connectors and then reconnect them, then my problem was fixed for a day then it did it again. I am getting tired of lifting the tank and pulling that thing out from the mess of tubes and wires beneath the air box. Has anyone heard of this problem or something similar? I would just tear the system out but this guy went all out when installing the system and I would have to tear everything apart and rewire everything because the ignition cut is in a really hard to get to spot. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds strange. I've never had this issue with my i600, but I would check my wiring (maybe the antenna wire is damaged or is getting shorted somehow)/plug connections and make sure my remote had a good charge. I know that isn't much help, but keep us updated and I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hey OP, read the manual for the alarm. Some have another way of disabling them, like turning the key 10 times, (mine does)
if you want it fixed maybe take a video, or ask Scorpio. Maybe you need a new remote. Do you have the 2nd remote? the one without the LCD? Maybe that'll work. But either way I'd get in touch with scorpio and see if your alarm as another way to disable it like I mentioned earlier. And if not ask them about a users manual and possibly a remote.

Here are the user manuals:
http://www.scorpioalarms.com/support/downloads

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one, if the remote battery is low it will fail to disarm. I end up replacing the battery every 2 or 3 weeks as I leave the alarm on every night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.