Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I installed my alarm on my 06 double r so far I love it perimeter sensor works great. Anti-hijack is very effective. All and all the alarm is a great system.

Like every other DIY you are doing this at your own risk
600rr.net or myself will not be responsible for any damages done to your bike.

So lets get started

Tools:

- Allen/Hex keys or socket set
- Dikes/Cutters
- Wire strippers
- Philips screwdriver
- Heat shrink/t taps + female connectors
- Scorpio connector kit
- Zip ties
- Last but not least a place that is very comfortable so you can take your time .

Steps:

*pull off your front and rear seat

*pull off your rear tail section

*install connect harness (Plate light will have it's own connector but turn signls can connect either way)

*check your turn signals if they are not flashing the right way swap wires

*run battery wire to battery (your alarm should chirp 2 times)

*run rfid antenna (I placed mine on the very back of the tail)

*run the antenna (I ran mine to the bracket that holds the stop light connector)

*run the perimeter sensor (I placed mine beside the battery)

*run anti-hijack module (I tucked mine under the driver seat) the 2 wires will be connected to the fuel pump relay *solid brown wire* make sure it is a safe and secure connection (this is why I use solder and heat shrink

*clean up wiring with zip ties and mount module using provided velcro

*test your alarm (tilt, hit, and sit on your bike)

*testing anti-hijack alarm start bike without remote anywhere insight. (alarm will go off and your bike will start but it will die out.

*put your tail and seats back on

Now go riding :cruising:

Pictures:

I still got room for my disk lock lol!!:banger::banger:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Yep... I am completely stuck. I haven't even ******* done anything yet.

I clipped in the factory turn signal wiring harness... turned the bike on, I have no turn signals in the rear and the alarm chirps along with the signal flashes. WTF kind of sense does that make?

Now I hooked up my rear turn signals to their original factory connection... and they no longer work at all. YAY.

So glad I started this ****.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
diggin this up.

how is your shock sensor. does it work properly?
someone backed into my bike and it didnt go off.. or atleast it did not go to my pager..

I called Scorpio and they mentioned the i900 has 3 axis instead of 2, which should be better..

I placed the alarm tilted in the side of the tail like my i600 was but now I can bang on the pass-seat and it doesnt go off at all..

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yah sure did, its at 5. and I can hammer fist my pass-seat without it goin off..

i gotta try to place it dead centre of the pass seat, but thats all Scorpio told me to try when I called..

·
Registered
775 Posts
diggin this up.

how is your shock sensor. does it work properly?
someone backed into my bike and it didnt go off.. or atleast it did not go to my pager..

I called Scorpio and they mentioned the i900 has 3 axis instead of 2, which should be better..

I placed the alarm tilted in the side of the tail like my i600 was but now I can bang on the pass-seat and it doesnt go off at all..

Your alarm might of went off but you have to be in range for your pager to go off. When you are testing out your shock sensor, make sure the pager is at least 30 feet away or it will not go off. It's just part of the design.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also did you have trouble with your perimeter sensor being under your seat? It appears that mine is working however it doesn't beep until i am right up to the bike as if i was about to sit on it. Maybe I am just expecting too much from the perimeter sensor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Spy 5000m which I installed myself, so it's not the same system but still a similar setup from a wiring point of view, so take this advice for what it's worth. The fuel pump relay wires can be found under your fuse box. There should be a section labelled 'Fuel Relay' or something to that extent. Grab a test light, and look for wires that light up when the switch is in the running position and turn off when it's in the kill position. There should be three wires showing this pattern, on my 09 they were two black and one black with white dashes. And as far as the perimeter sensor goes, it is designed to go off when somebody is too close to your bike, not when somebody is loading groceries in their car in the spot next to it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Okay I will look for that, the fuse box you are referring to is the one under the fairing on the left side, right? Ill have to look for that one again but didn't see anything fuel related in there yesterday. Also did you just cut that wire and attach the hijack into that? I read somewhere that some people have done some goofy wiring with that final step

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks, I believe those pictures are on an 07+. My 2006 is a little different. I have been in contact with Scorpio and they sent me a diagram I just need to find the wire. However, my alarm apparently has been creating a gong sound this morning. So it appears I need to figure some stuff out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Yes, mine is an '08. I should have looked at the year of your bike.

I would think it should be something similar though. Scorpio has excellent customer support. I had a few problems with mine at first due to a faulty tilt sensor that was being set off by temperature changes. Jeff helped me out every step of the way. They still hook me up with stuff now and then for trying a few different things with my alarm in attempt to solve the heat problem. They eventually released a new firmware for the modules which has fixed everything.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got it all figured out! customer support was great and even took time to walk through everything with me and test to make sure it was operating correctly. The fuse/wire is behind the front left side fairing easy to get to once you know where and which one. So far it appears everything is working great except the random beeps( yes perimeter sensor is off)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.