Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the above alarm "professionally" installed from a local sportbike performance shop a couple of weeks ago. It pretty much works perfect except for one thing...I am getting false tilt alarms once in a while (every second or third day). I have had one false tilt alarm on the kickstand and the rest while on my rear stand.
At first, I had turned the shock/tilt sensor on the fob up to 5 (most sensitive), but yesterday I turned it down to 4 and I had another false alarm last night. This morning I turned it down to 3, but I hope it will still be sensitive enough to pickup light movement.

On a side note, when the shock/tilt sensor was at setting 5, I jumped on the bike while it was on the rear stand and bounced around trying to impersonate a perpetrator, and the only thing that went off was the perimeter sensor!? I figured the shock sensor would have notified me given all the bouncing on the seat/pegs (I can get the shock sensor to go off by banging the fairing or kicking my tire).

What could be the problem, if any? My main question here is what are your settings set at on your SR i900R alarm?

*Edit - I just got off the phone with Scorpio and they recommend setting 2 for the shock/tilt on a 600RR.

I'll update this topic if I continue getting false alarms.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
OP are you still around? I'm having the same issues... Did anything resolve?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OP are you still around? I'm having the same issues... Did anything resolve?
Yes I’m here…

Okay, so I contacted Scorpio and sent them my module. They sent me back a brand new one which was according to them a "prototype" unit, and I was to test it out for them. It was absolutely flawless, with NO more false alarms or anything.

Get in touch with Jeff Gibbs from Scorpio and he will help you out.
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I sent mine back once. I actually just received it back in the mail last week and reinstalled it. Got more false alarms in 24 hours than I did in the 8 months I had it previously!

I just turned my shock sensitivity down to level 2. I'll see if that makes a difference. I also read that initially hooking up the power to the alarm with the bike on a center stand (bike vertical) can help set the parameters for the tilt sensor. I don't know how well that will work.

I don't really like having the shock sensor set down so low. Basically have to punt the bike for it to set off the shock alarm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts