Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doesn't anyone see the ignition disable feature taking 30sec to kill the bike an issue. I mean in 30sec, you can drive a long way. Especially if there are men waiting near a truck 25sec away to put your bike on a truck. Plus on my friend’s bike with the scorpion, when it kills the bike, the alarm doesn't go off. It just kills it. I am the only one that sees this as a potential issue?

·
Registered
406 Posts
In a one light its not that bad because is gives the *attacker* enough time to get away from you so you dont get hurt. I say attacker because no one is gonna just give up there bike unless the person their giving it up too is yeilding a weapon or has enduced some kind of physical attack...

Then again its a bad thing cause just as you said i can make it very far very fast in 30 seconds... Maybe if they changed it to 10 seconds would be better...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Do you mean Scorpio? not scorpion...? At 60 mph you travel 1/2 mile in 30 sec. I'm gonna agree with baba600rr on the pro's and cons, but they won't make it THAT far. Highly unlikely they'd be averaging 60 mph in the course of 30 seconds... It's still better than nothing if someone chooses to run off with your bike tho

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah sorry i meant scorpio. 30sec can be dangerous especially in an urban setting where the are many back roads, twists and turns. It will be really difficult to figure where they had turned and stuff.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Butter...unless I am doing my math wrong, that would put the constant speed of about 360 MPH to travel 3 miles in 30 seconds.
60MPH = 1 mile in 1 minute.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hahaha. Someone can't get that far in 30 seconds, and the the bike is dead. I mean sure it's not ideal but nobody will clear 1/2 a mile in 30 sec. Realistically speaking.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
Butter...unless I am doing my math wrong, that would put the constant speed of about 360 MPH to travel 3 miles in 30 seconds.
60MPH = 1 mile in 1 minute.
The bike can do 160......who says this was limited to the speed limit?

I was thinking in my head...if the bike can do a standing quater in 11 seconds at 140 and then do a constant 140 which is ~230 feet per second.....the bike should approaching the 2 mile mark.....o.k...I was one off....they can be almost 2 miles away in 30 seconds...

I work on computers.....I don't do math...LOL.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I don't do math...LOL.
For the record... 1 mph is roughly 1.466 ft/sec. 140 mph = 205 ft/sec. From a standing start you ate up 11 sec of your 30 sec going 1/4 mi reaching your "140 mph" (you're rounding up there...) cruising speed. 19 sec at 205 ft/sec = 3895 ft / 5280 ft in a mile = .74 + the .25 you already travelled. You did not go 2 miles in 30 sec but infact only went 1.

If you manage to get your bike stolen in the middle of no where, where that's feasible, you deserved it. I personally park my bike so I have to back it out, which would eat up time as my alarm is going off in my pocket...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
In the end, the Scorpio accompanied by a disc lock (which is the combo I employ) is the best PREVENTATIVE measure you can take to keep your bike in your posession, in my opinion; short of chaining it to the ground or an I-beam etc... In most real life cases 30 sec from when the ignition is tampered with is not enough time for them to get the bike in their hands for good.
Why bother to hot wire the bike and then drive it around the corner to stick it in the truck? That's not likely. More likely would be the theives tossing it in the back of their truck to start out with. Figure the time it takes to hotwire it and then put it in a truck, compared to just tossing it in the back to begin with. You can do the math on that one OP

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think he is thinking of gettin bike jacked, where the bike is already running, and then the theif just gets on and takes off. maybe 5-10 sec to get on the bike etc. So the whole 1 miles still works. The idea of the alarm is so that the thief gets away from you... Think he pulls a gun you get off the bike and back up. As you were getting off you start the count down. You move away saying take it take it.... He/she gets on and then takes off... Well as this point you watch but you are not going to want to be around unless you are packing to see the angered thieft come back and blast you. Unless you are like me and others and you are packing then you just watch, and wait calling the popo's and if the theif decides to come back, then, oops I was in fear for my life sir thats why I shot the mother effer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts