Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... my 600RR came with a Scott's Damper installed, but I can't seem to change the tension. Is there a way to lock these or is it just stuck?

I am tempted to just try and force it just incase it's just stuck, but I don't want to break anything in the event it's actually locked.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There's no lock. You should be easily able to turn the lefthand knob in both directions. The righthand knob has a plastic cap on it, and you shouldn't need to adjust it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
There's no lock. You should be easily able to turn the lefthand knob in both directions. The righthand knob has a plastic cap on it, and you shouldn't need to adjust it.

Exactly what checksix stated....also make sure that when you spin the left knob it does not "free spin." By this, I mean it should stop when you spin it all the way to the soft and hard settings (about 4 times around for each setting I think). I say this because that's what happened to mine, and I needed to have Scott's service the damper. Best of luck brother :shakehand

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... Definitely doesn't free spin, LOL. I will mess with it more this afternoon when I get off work.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks guys... Definitely doesn't free spin, LOL. I will mess with it more this afternoon when I get off work.

After reading your message again I realized you have the opposite of a free spin...guess I should have read it more clearly...:drunk:...my bad. But yea....if it does not spin smoothly (i.e., you cannot move the dial) it makes me believe that the damper is not doing its job. Keep us updated brother :retard:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It must've just been stuck... I turned it pretty hard and it finally broke loose. Now turns with ease and clicks just like it should. I turned it all the way to the stiff side and it definitely works... LOL, I could barely turn the handlebars.

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
It must've just been stuck... I turned it pretty hard and it finally broke loose. Now turns with ease and clicks just like it should. I turned it all the way to the stiff side and it definitely works... LOL, I could barely turn the handlebars.

Thanks guys!!!

This is great news! Lol...I know what you mean about not moving the handlebars...I know more than a few times I left it on the hard setting and when trying to turn I almost didn't make the turn....stiff as hell!!:crackup:

Ride safe brother!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts