Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10% chance of rain right? 10%? 90% chance gunna be sunny on my ride home from school?

THEN WTF WAS THIS

its a monsoon is what it is! and i had to ride my dam bike home from school with nike's on, jeans, and a T shirt.. felt like fricken rocks thrown at me...and my bike hydroplaned like3 times.. anyway now my phones ruined wallets soaked shoes soaked gloves soaked.. couldnt see anything outa my helmet either.. anyone else rode in stuff like this? next time im pulling over! it was ridiculous..this pic is once it slowed down.. before the hole dam street was like the sides of the street in this pic.. :retard: ... insane.. buckets pouring down on me.. im suprised the bike made it.. it was l;ike riding in a constant puddle lolo

edit: call me a squid but schools 2 mins away... if going on the normal joy ride wear my boots..im the last guy ud call a squid but whatever

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
lol you are asking to get flamed on...

nikes...jeans...t shirt...yeah that sh*ts not going to feel good...

but to answer your question I have made the same weatherman comment, went to the parents house a hour away, clear as day. Weather looked great and they said sunny all day...

My ass...2 hrs later rained like crazy all day and I couldnt stay because I needed to be back home so I drove in rain like that for a hour.

Has unfortunately happened a couple times like that

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like the 10% forecasted.

AZ monsoons don't last longer than an hour. I would have waited. But I have ridden in a snow storm in southern colorado. I don't reccomend it.

Sorry to hear about your phone.

ALTERNATIVE RESPONSE: What are you complaining about? You knew it would rain. I assume you left your gear home so it wouldn't get wet. No other explanation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's always the chance you're gonna get caught in the rain while riding. If you ride often, it's only a matter of time. Just be happy you got home safely.

And yeah, wear your gear, bro.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This forums URL should be www.gearnazis.com... Everyone that rides knows the risks that come with it, and they have the right to decide what they're going to wear and assumes the risks that come with those decisions. I agree, riding in shorts and a t-shirt with no gloves is stupid but hey, that's their decision and they know (and obviously accept) the consequences. Most of the time, I ride with pants, gloves, boots, a helmet and a long-sleeve shirt (usually rolled up passed my elbows). It hits over 100 where I live almost every day before noon, **** wearing a riding jacket every time I ride. Yes, I know I could get hurt if I lay my bike down but I know and accept that. I'm not afraid to get hurt, and it feels a lot better to ride in less gear. Does that mean I'm going to go riding in flip flops, gym shorts and a t-shirt? Hell no. Does that make me a squid? If so, I guess I'm a squid. :bootyshak :gun1:

/end rant

On topic... I've ridden in rain like that when it was supposed to be 95+ and sunny, and yeah it sucks. Just gotta slow down a little and be extra careful.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome to Washington State. Here a 2% chance of rain means its gonna rain. I get caught out in the sh** about once every month or two. I try my best to avoid it but there is only so much you can do. Im thinking about creating a garbage bag rain suit I can stuff under the rear seat and throw on when I need it. I know they make suits but none that will fit in the "trunk" lol.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I been in rain like that too... but i usually just pull over and let it calm down.

This forums URL should be www.gearnazis.com... Everyone that rides knows the risks that come with it, and they have the right to decide what they're going to wear and assumes the risks that come with those decisions. I agree, riding in shorts and a t-shirt with no gloves is stupid but hey, that's their decision and they know (and obviously accept) the consequences. Most of the time, I ride with pants, gloves, boots, a helmet and a long-sleeve shirt (usually rolled up passed my elbows). It hits over 100 where I live almost every day before noon, **** wearing a riding jacket every time I ride. Yes, I know I could get hurt if I lay my bike down but I know and accept that. I'm not afraid to get hurt, and it feels a lot better to ride in less gear. Does that mean I'm going to go riding in flip flops, gym shorts and a t-shirt? Hell no. Does that make me a squid? If so, I guess I'm a squid. :bootyshak :gun1:

/end rant

On topic... I've ridden in rain like that when it was supposed to be 95+ and sunny, and yeah it sucks. Just gotta slow down a little and be extra careful.

A squid to me is a jackass on ANY bike doing dumb sh*t that can get others hurt. Gear or no Gear

·
Registered
63 Posts
A squid to me is a jackass on ANY bike doing dumb sh*t that can get others hurt. Gear or no Gear
I don't ride like a jackass doing wheelies/speeding through traffic, I just don't always wear a riding jacket. In fact, it being as hot as it is here, I almost never do unless it's at night when it cools off. I will risk losing skin on my arms before I risk passing out.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
I don't ride like a jackass doing wheelies/speeding through traffic, I just don't always wear a riding jacket. In fact, it being as hot as it is here, I almost never do unless it's at night when it cools off. I will risk losing skin on my arms before I risk passing out.
you're missing out on all the fun:drunk:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I wasn't saying u ride like a Jackass. Just speaking in general.

I ride without a jacket on hot days too. :+1:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
gusy my school is 2 minutes away. not wearing leather there.

How fast do you get going? anythng over 10mph and I will be wearing my gear... it isn't the distance , its the speed that hurts

anyways , ya rain sux. I got caught in a similar Monsoon last year wearing my leather jacket, gloves, textile pants over my jeans, boots, helmet, etc... and the rain drops still felt like I was standing on the other end of a wood chipper

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wasn't saying u ride like a Jackass. Just speaking in general.

I ride without a jacket on hot days too. :+1:
:shakehand

It just annoys me when half the people here are like "OMG YOU AREN'T WEARING EVERY PIECE OF GEAR IMAGINABLE TO KEEP YOURSELF SAFE!!!"

It's a motorcycle, guys... Almost nothing safe about. Take some risk in your lives. I don't care how much gear you wear, if you get hit by a car, you get hit by a damn car.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
:shakehand

It just annoys me when half the people here are like "OMG YOU AREN'T WEARING EVERY PIECE OF GEAR IMAGINABLE TO KEEP YOURSELF SAFE!!!"

It's a motorcycle, guys... Almost nothing safe about. Take some risk in your lives. I don't care how much gear you wear, if you get hit by a car, you get hit by a damn car.
:+1:

No one can split lanes, while holding a beer like u Caption squid :crackup:
what happened to your avatar you squid? :crackup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts