Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 04 600RR for really cheap and on inspection I noticed this damage to the left front rebound adjuster. It still turns, but is still damaged. Will this affect suspension performance? Looking at the service manual, I'll have to get a whole new fork damper. Is this correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
it will not affect suspension performance, however it looks like that fork cap has seen some upside down action.

the preload and rebound adjusters are one assembly, although you could probably take them apart if desired. check Ebay for a used one, or fork leg. changing it over is an hours work.

if you buy new replacement parts you would need a new damper, yes, and they ain't cheap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will not affect suspension performance, however it looks like that fork cap has seen some upside down action.

the preload and rebound adjusters are one assembly, although you could probably take them apart if desired. check Ebay for a used one, or fork leg. changing it over is an hours work.

if you buy new replacement parts you would need a new damper, yes, and they ain't cheap.
I have absolutely no idea how it happened. But thanks for the help. :thumbup: I'll check for a used one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If it doesnt bother you how it looks, leave it alone... It wont affect suspension performance.. Looks like the bike has def flipped in the past which is what most likely cause that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts