Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
DOH! Literally screwed...sry man, but maybe the distributor will have mercy on you if you contact them...gl!

·
Registered
216 Posts
that's crappy! And, of course you can't plug it, but u knew that already! Right?
You can plug a motorcycle tire, some people choose not to because they think the risk of riding a bike is to large already to "possibly" increase it by using a plug. I plugged one of my tires and got another thousand miles out of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Use what is called a plug patch. We had them at our shop. It is a plug that is connected to a patch. The shop will have to dismount the tire and go from the inside out. They are the best, do not use the plugs that you get at auto zone or something like that. Those are way too dangerous IMO.

Reactions: ninja rr

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
The best plug to use is called patch plug looks just like this one the plug plugs the hole
and the patch acts like a cover on top of it and sticks to the inner wall of the tire as an insurance that the plug wont come out

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I will probably just use one of the plug patches that Moe posted up. (thanks Moe) I'll just keep this one for a spare I guess. I have a trackday planned in the near future and I wouldn't trust a plugged tire at track speeds. Thanks again for all the input guys!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I will probably just use one of the plug patches that Moe posted up. (thanks Moe) I'll just keep this one for a spare I guess. I have a trackday planned in the near future and I wouldn't trust a plugged tire at track speeds. Thanks again for all the input guys!!
Some of the race organizations I was looking into allowed two patches/plugpatches per tire, as long as they were not in the same 1/4 of the tire. I can assure you, anything other than a cheap plug is plenty safe for anyone.

Reactions: Tony tiger

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just plugged my rear tire today. Only 3k miles on my tires and a nail...sigh...

I've plugged quite a few tires. All have been successfully plugged. Not a big deal, but definitely annoying (and somewhat in the back of my mind at times). Use the bigger/beefier/heavy duty plugs (if you're using the standard rubber strips and not the patch plugs which Moeman posted above). The heavy duty ones...the strips are comprised of fiberous threads...possibly kevlar as the times I've tried to cut it, it was pretty tough. It is also wider than the typical rubber strip, so it is (in my opinion) more likely to create a better seal.

Freakin' nails...ugh...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lots of great info here guys. Seems like most every other topic on here though. Everyone has their own opinions, which is one of the wonderful things about being a motorcycle owner. Some say plugs are fine others say no. I like hearing about first hand experiences to base my decisions on. So far I have only read posts about good experiences with plugs. Does anyone have any bad experiences they wanna share? So far I'm leaning toward the plug/patch that Moe posted up. That tire is just too expensive not to get some use out of!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.