Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm feeling all proudand happy about finishing up my first oil change - (Props to the guys on here posting how to do it without even taking a fairing off)...

And then, I go to take it off the rear stand, when I put it down, then realize, oh sh!!t, it's falling away from me!!! This is all happening in slo-mo, of course...

Kind of luckily, the bike fell against the garage wall/door, so I just have scratches on my tank. Still kinda pissed cuz she's only a month old :cry:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean up the scuffs/scratches? I'd say it's a good 6 inches long of scuffs, scratches, nothing deep, tho...

Thanks,
Lester

·
Registered
423 Posts
if its just scuffs get a good polishing compound. NOT RUBBING COMPOUND. Use the polishing compound with a orbital buffer. NOT A HIGH SPEED BUFFER. If you want you can try with just elbow grease at first but most likely you will have to use an orbital buffer. It will take a little time and you might have to go over the whole tank. Dont use a lot of preassure while you do this just let the buffer do all the work. As long as its not to deep it should come out good as new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts